+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to a new apartment while application is being processed

Grlv0013

Jan 10, 2017
Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if maybe anyone was in the same situation and how you handled it.
Currently my spouse and I rent an apartment, and we are going to be sending our application very soon since we have almost all of our paperwork ready. However, the opportunity came up to move to a better apartment in spring. I am a bit worried, can we do that?

I mean, all of our paperwork now has a current address (bills, statements, rental agreement, IDs, etc.), so we would not want to start from scratch collecting those with a new address.

But I am not sure, if that would be ok to apply from current address and move? Will we have to resubmit in this case?

Thank you!

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if maybe anyone was in the same situation and how you handled it.
Currently my spouse and I rent an apartment, and we are going to be sending our application very soon since we have almost all of our paperwork ready. However, the opportunity came up to move to a better apartment in spring. I am a bit worried, can we do that?

I mean, all of our paperwork now has a current address (bills, statements, rental agreement, IDs, etc.), so we would not want to start from scratch collecting those with a new address.

But I am not sure, if that would be ok to apply from current address and move? Will we have to resubmit in this case?

Thank you!
It's fine, you just need to notify CIC of address change.

Reactions: Ceimi

Ceimi

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
KWC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
02-02-2018
Agree with both posters above. Submit address change request after submitting application, as well as have CanadaPost forward all of your mail. Go and talk to one of them to ask when the best time to begin forwarding would be to avoid any mail being sent to the old address.

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
How to notify CIC about the address change? Is that through email or through the GCkey?
One more thing, will there be any updates being sent through mail?

FrostiRose

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
Doc's Request.
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
Med's Request
16-02-2017
Med's Done....
28-02-2017
Passport Req..
01-02-2018
How to notify CIC about the address change? Is that through email or through the GCkey?
One more thing, will there be any updates being sent through mail?
If you provide an email and link your application to your GCkey account when asked to do so, then no, no updates will be sent through regular mail. The only thing that will be sent through regular mail will be ( if it is an Outland application) will be the COPR issued that you use to land as a permanent resident.
If it's an inland application I believe you won't get a COPR but instead will be called to a landing interview.