Moving Provinces as Protected Person

spamed

Star Member
Oct 10, 2023
Montreal
Category........
Other
Hello,

i am planning to move from montreal to calgary next year around May. My PR application has been submitted and no response yet. Are we free to move around while waiting for PR? Anything I need to do other than informing IRB/IRCC? Thanks :)

MikiCanada

Star Member
Sep 13, 2023
Hello,

I am planning to move from montreal to calgary next year around May. My PR application has been submitted and no response yet. Are we free to move around while waiting for PR? Anything I need to do other than informing IRB/IRCC? Thanks :)
I would suggest not moving if it is possible for you. While we can submit and update changes in our lives, including the new address, it may prolong the processing time of your case. I recommend discussing this with a lawyer or IRCC staff to clarify whether it might affect the processing time of your PR application, especially based on past cases in history.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I would suggest not moving if it is possible for you. While we can submit and update changes in our lives, including the new address, it may prolong the processing time of your case. I recommend discussing this with a lawyer or IRCC staff to clarify whether it might affect the processing time of your PR application, especially based on past cases in history.
Moving shouldn’t be huge issue for PR processing. Likely no longer has a lawyer after was approved as a protected person.

Reactions: theclaimer

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

i am planning to move from montreal to calgary next year around May. My PR application has been submitted and no response yet. Are we free to move around while waiting for PR? Anything I need to do other than informing IRB/IRCC? Thanks :)
Would suggest ensuring you have a place to stay and job opportunities in Calgary before moving. Many are moving to Calgary and discovering life is not as easy and not as inexpensive as they thought it would be.

Reactions: Niyuba and Mancini

Mancini

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
Why don't you try to go alone first, see for yourself how life is there. If you can find a job, affordable house, etc. then you can get your family to relocate there.

spamed

Star Member
Oct 10, 2023
Montreal
Category........
Other
Would suggest ensuring you have a place to stay and job opportunities in Calgary before moving. Many are moving to Calgary and discovering life is not as easy and not as inexpensive as they thought it would be.
I have a full time job online that goes with me wherever I go. I am also in a full time bachelors degree which is fully online as well. For me finding job or school is not the problem, IRCC/IRB is. I just want to make sure changing province wouldn’t delay my PR or idk maybe make it faster lol?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have a full time job online that goes with me wherever I go. I am also in a full time bachelors degree which is fully online as well. For me finding job or school is not the problem, IRCC/IRB is. I just want to make sure changing province wouldn’t delay my PR or idk maybe make it faster lol?
Finding housing may be so if not a job ensure you can find housing. No it won’t impact processing but you do have to update your address as soon as you move. Given that you are already a protected person you shouldn’t be dealing with IRB anymore.

MikiCanada

Star Member
Sep 13, 2023
Moving shouldn’t be huge issue for PR processing. Likely no longer has a lawyer after was approved as a protected person.
Ideally, moving shouldn't be an issue; however, there is a significant backlog in IRCC departments. Many PR applications at the portal stage are facing extended waiting times to receive eCoPR or their PR card. Some individuals have even received incorrect information on their PR cards and, upon requesting corrections, faced additional delays in getting a response. Therefore, if possible, it is not advisable to move at this time. But I would say it depends on the stage of his PR application.

inaya.i

Star Member
Oct 25, 2023
Ideally, moving shouldn't be an issue; however, there is a significant backlog in IRCC departments. Many PR applications at the portal stage are facing extended waiting times to receive eCoPR or their PR card. Some individuals have even received incorrect information on their PR cards and, upon requesting corrections, faced additional delays in getting a response. Therefore, if possible, it is not advisable to move at this time. But I would say it depends on the stage of his PR application.
I just recently submitted mine like less than a month ago so i should be fine i think, no