+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving province on Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program

TheNorms

Dec 21, 2017
Canada
Under aipp do I need province approval to move onto another province ? I know PNP applicants sign a document to confirm commitment to province but aipp applicants do not?

Has anyone actually moved to either another Maritime province or out further? If so please give your experiences and timeline of moving after receiving PR.

Just weighing up options as employment where I’m at isn’t great!

Last edited:

immihelper

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
It would be wise to get approval before moving even though you didn't sign a form. The settlement plan you submitted suggested that you intend to stay in the particular province. Try to stick around for a couple years before moving or get approval if that's possible.

TheNorms

Dec 21, 2017
Canada
It would be wise to get approval before moving even though you didn't sign a form. The settlement plan you submitted suggested that you intend to stay in the particular province. Try to stick around for a couple years before moving or get approval if that's possible.
Thanks @immihelper yeah that’s what we thought. It was good to put the question out though.

My PR happiness soon ended when I found out my employer is looking at closing up! I’m now trying to find any job I can... not what I need when the job market on pei is crap!

immihelper

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Oh I'm so sorry to hear that @TheNorms!!! I believe there is something greater in store for you. Don't lose hope. The good thing is now you can take any job since you are a PR so you won't need to be looking for an NOC-specific job and also that they didn't close up during your application process (at least there's a positive in this situation, right?).

I'm hoping you can at least move within the Atlantic provinces. Try to call the provincial government and ask for advice.

I really wish you all the best.

crs350onip

Feb 23, 2019
Pakistan
NOC Code......
Oh absolutely, thankfully they didn’t. Yeah I’m applying for anything and everything haha. Thanks for the positivity vibes.
Hi @TheNorms, did you got any information from the provincial government if you can move out of province ? I have read your employer closed down but still did you had a word with provincial government even before that ?

TheNorms

Dec 21, 2017
Canada
Hi @TheNorms, did you got any information from the provincial government if you can move out of province ? I have read your employer closed down but still did you had a word with provincial government even before that ?
We spoke with a immigration lawyer who advised that we should stay within the Maritime provinces for at least one year from PR. But also said that if we did move provinces we should reach out to notify our provincial immigration where we are going and why.
What province are you currently living in? i got another job straight away so we decided to stay for now but we don’t like it in PEI.

crs350onip

Feb 23, 2019
Pakistan
NOC Code......
We spoke with a immigration lawyer who advised that we should stay within the Maritime provinces for at least one year from PR. But also said that if we did move provinces we should reach out to notify our provincial immigration where we are going and why.
What province are you currently living in? i got another job straight away so we decided to stay for now but we don’t like it in PEI.
Thanks for your reply! I am particularly talking about Halifax, NS. I am in the process of AIPP program.

Do you think staying in Halifax will be okay for 1 year ?

TheNorms

Dec 21, 2017
Canada
Thanks for your reply! I am particularly talking about Halifax, NS. I am in the process of AIPP program.

Do you think staying in Halifax will be okay for 1 year ?
Oh yeah Halifax is a good choice, it’s got everything you would need and has a good opportunities for jobs etc. everyone I’ve spoken with who live in and around Halifax love it. The residents are friendly and welcoming which is really important to feel part of the community, for us we have unfortunately found PEI has a big problem with xenophobia.

Reactions: crs350onip

crs350onip

Feb 23, 2019
Pakistan
NOC Code......
Oh yeah Halifax is a good choice, it’s got everything you would need and has a good opportunities for jobs etc. everyone I’ve spoken with who live in and around Halifax love it. The residents are friendly and welcoming which is really important to feel part of the community, for us we have unfortunately found PEI has a big problem with xenophobia.
I am sorry to hear about the situation there in PEI. Why don't you consult an immigration expert who can assist you in moving out of PEI ?

Connectuae

Sep 20, 2018
UAE
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Dubai
Any AIPP or PNP applicants who moved out of atlantic province after getting PR cards...?

Smith_Gil

Feb 9, 2020
Under aipp do I need province approval to move onto another province ? I know PNP applicants sign a document to confirm commitment to province but aipp applicants do not?

Has anyone actually moved to either another Maritime province or out further? If so please give your experiences and timeline of moving after receiving PR.

Just weighing up options as employment where I’m at isn’t great!
Hello,
I would also like to move out of province actually I have been working with my employer since July 2018... I was on PGWP till December 2019 and got PR in December... I will probably move out in June 2020...

How is your experience?

LosNS

Apr 29, 2020
Hi,

I got a job in Nova Scotia and I'm moving under AIPP, I plan on getting my PR there in 6 months.

Will leaving the province after working there for 1-2 years or so after, affect any future Citizenship application? or must I apply from Nova Scotia?