+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving proof of funds from one bank to another in a different country

primeo5

Feb 22, 2019
Greetings @legalfalcon, @scylla and all members of this forum,
Hope this message finds you in good health.

I'm seeking guidance on the matter of proof of funds and your kind input/help on this would be greatly appreciated.

My Girlfriend is a PR applicant since November 2020. She applied for her PR when she was residing in Australia and then moved back to her home country after 2 months in hope that she would get her PPR within few months. She did send a webform to IRCC informing them of change in situation with regards to her residence, contact details and job.

Now that it's been more than 15 months since her AOR, her Australian bank account is still active and holding proof of funds in AUD. She was wondering what if she transfers that entire amount to her own bank account in home country and hold it in USD. Will that cause any issue? If not, how to reply and proceed in case IRCC asks for proof funds as part of ADR.

Looking forward to your input, feedback from you and other applicants who are in a similar position. Thank you.

Regards

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Greetings @legalfalcon, @scylla and all members of this forum,
Hope this message finds you in good health.

I'm seeking guidance on the matter of proof of funds and your kind input/help on this would be greatly appreciated.

My Girlfriend is a PR applicant since November 2020. She applied for her PR when she was residing in Australia and then moved back to her home country after 2 months in hope that she would get her PPR within few months. She did send a webform to IRCC informing them of change in situation with regards to her residence, contact details and job.

Now that it's been more than 15 months since her AOR, her Australian bank account is still active and holding proof of funds in AUD. She was wondering what if she transfers that entire amount to her own bank account in home country and hold it in USD. Will that cause any issue? If not, how to reply and proceed in case IRCC asks for proof funds as part of ADR.

Looking forward to your input, feedback from you and other applicants who are in a similar position. Thank you.

Regards

You can transfer the funds to another bank account, just keep the transaction records on case IRCC asks for an updated PoF, you can send them the new account details, and the record of fund transfer and LoE.

Reactions: primeo5