+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving out of the Province Nominated.

thrissur

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
I got Canadian PR through the Quebec Skilled Worker program in March 2022, but yet to move to Canada. I'm working as a registered nurse in India. I got an RN job offer letter from Ontario Hospital. I would like to know if is there any legal obligation for me to move to Ontario directly rather than staying in Quebec. Do I need to inform this situation to IRCC?

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
For most other provinces would be an issue, however, with Quebec you have a bigger issue because their PR is not like the rest. You will need written authorization for you to move out of Quebec. That would ultimately prompt them to review your application to see if there is grounds for termination of the PR. I have a couple of questions, why are you not in Quebec? It is almost 2yrs and you have not landed in Canada? Are you even sure your COPR is still valid?

thrissur

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
For most other provinces would be an issue, however, with Quebec you have a bigger issue because their PR is not like the rest. You will need written authorization for you to move out of Quebec. That would ultimately prompt them to review your application to see if there is grounds for termination of the PR. I have a couple of questions, why are you not in Quebec? It is almost 2yrs and you have not landed in Canada? Are you even sure your COPR is still valid?
I arrived in Montreal on a soft landing and returned to India to continue my RN Job. My job is a licensed profession. To get an RN license from Quebec I have to demonstrate the French language at least B2 level. I'm not able to get a Registered Nurse job as I don't have a Quebec RN license. But got the RN job offer from Ontario. Now what to do? I would like to know if is there any legal obligation for me to move to Ontario directly rather than to Quebec from India. Confused!!!

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
I arrived in Montreal on a soft landing and returned to India to continue my RN Job. My job is a licensed profession. To get an RN license from Quebec I have to demonstrate the French language at least B2 level. I'm not able to get a Registered Nurse job as I don't have a Quebec RN license. But got the RN job offer from Ontario. Now what to do? I would like to know if is there any legal obligation for me to move to Ontario directly rather than to Quebec from India. Confused!!!
You have NO legal obligation to move to Ontario. Your only obligation is to the province that supported your PR. I would suggest getting professional help from someone with knowledge of the Quebec immigration process.

thrissur

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
You have NO legal obligation to move to Ontario. Your only obligation is to the province that supported your PR. I would suggest getting professional help from someone with knowledge of the Quebec immigration process.
Thank you very much your reply & support