+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving out of Québec, are month to month leases fine?

ssup2406

Star Member
Jul 7, 2022
A pretty nice opportunity has showed up, but I'm worried that the officer will not be convinced that I won't just go back (I don't intend to BTW). Thanks for reading and potentially responding!

Horks1946

Mar 5, 2023
A pretty nice opportunity has showed up, but I'm worried that the officer will not be convinced that I won't just go back (I don't intend to BTW Terraria). Thanks for reading and potentially responding!
Month-to-month leases are generally fine when it comes to moving out of Quebec, as long as you can show that you have a stable source of income to support yourself in your new location. You may want to provide evidence of your employment or other sources of income, such as savings, to help convince the officer that you are not likely to return to Quebec. Additionally, you may want to provide documentation of your new living arrangements, such as a lease or rental agreement, to show that you have a plan for where you will be living and that you are not just leaving Quebec without a plan.

Reactions: ssup2406

ssup2406

Star Member
Jul 7, 2022
Month-to-month leases are generally fine when it comes to moving out of Quebec, as long as you can show that you have a stable source of income to support yourself in your new location. You may want to provide evidence of your employment or other sources of income, such as savings, to help convince the officer that you are not likely to return to Quebec. Additionally, you may want to provide documentation of your new living arrangements, such as a lease or rental agreement, to show that you have a plan for where you will be living and that you are not just leaving Quebec without a plan.
Ah, I am studying in QC, but can do my research work remotely and have my supervising professor's support for doing so, I have applied last week and seek to move by April or May; so I'll hopefully be settled in by the time the officer makes a decision on my application, in the month-to-month place I visited they were like we won't sign a lease since we want to move out in a year or so but we could give you documentation like a letter that I live there. Will that be enough in your opinion?