+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving out of province after PNP

EduSi

Jun 1, 2020
Please don't tag legalfalcon unless it's a life or death issue. We have already answered this for you - you have rights to work anywhere you please under the charter. As long as there was no intent to misrepresent in your application and your circumstances changed later, then it's fine. Now move on.
sorry for that.

k6169582

Aug 7, 2023
Hello

So sorry to hear that!

Based on your situation, I'm not gonna advise you anything, but I'm just gonna show you this case from someone else that I came across. If you move now, all you can do later is showing proof of documents that validates the reason for which you moved, which in your case has a strong reason.

But be aware that you came by signing the agreement with the province that you're gonna stay there for atleast few years and contribute to their economy, so moving with a valid reason is still taking a risk. The rest is upto you.

"#AnonymousPost

I got into a bit of trouble. my citizenship application is in trouble. My citizenship application was in progress for almost 2.5 years. they asked for passport pages, fingerprint , interview etc etc . Now just on last month i got a procedural fairness letter, they want to reject my application. Their reasoning is that i did not stayed in the province that was nominate me for pr. I was an SINP candidate pr and when i came from BD i stayed in SK for a week and came to toronto. living in toronto since then. In the letter they said , i did not made any attempt to stay in the province nor i tried to contribute to the province as job or otherwise.

They said i signed as in my pnp/pr application that i will made every attempt to stay in nominated province as in good faith. but broke it with bad faith intention.

The letter is 6 pages long and with an appeal date. of course i appealed with a very good toronto lawyer, but the lawyer said honestly i will have very tough battle ahead. even if i stayed at least a year or so i would have fighting chance. i am so scared. i am loosing sleep. and finally if i lost the appeal they will cancel the application and eventually my pr. i have given 7 years to this country of my life. i cannot live in bd anymore. i am so scared."

Saenz28

Aug 15, 2023
Hello everyone,

Question.
Is working remotely allowed if nominated via PNP? For ex. I will be working for a company that is based in "Province-A" but I will out of Canadá or the Province some weeks during the time I need to have experience on a company based on “Province-A”.
Is there a limitation to be physical on the time range ?

MQ12

Star Member
May 6, 2019
So I have a question, I got my OINP on Aug 2019. (Yeah I am that old) but I got my CoPR in 2023. 3 and a half years later.
Now I have to wo job offers , one is in Toronto and the other in Vancouver.

the one in Toronto is a stepdown, dosent pay much but it’s in ontario(and I have tried looking for a role there forever) it will take me a good 2 to 3 years to get back where I am today. Story of most immigrants. Got rejected a lot but this came through.

now the opportunity in Vancouver, is at my level, pays DOUBLE of what is on offer in Toronto and I don’t have to go through rebuilding my career all over again.
Now do I land in Toronto and then leave ‘FOR’ my dream job or do I land in Toronto and leave my dream job.
And yes if I leave Ontario then I am misrepresenting myself and all that but if I stay then I loose everything. So what’s the statute here.
Any advice or suggestion.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So I have a question, I got my OINP on Aug 2019. (Yeah I am that old) but I got my CoPR in 2023. 3 and a half years later.
Now I have to wo job offers , one is in Toronto and the other in Vancouver.

the one in Toronto is a stepdown, dosent pay much but it’s in ontario(and I have tried looking for a role there forever) it will take me a good 2 to 3 years to get back where I am today. Story of most immigrants. Got rejected a lot but this came through.

now the opportunity in Vancouver, is at my level, pays DOUBLE of what is on offer in Toronto and I don’t have to go through rebuilding my career all over again.
Now do I land in Toronto and then leave ‘FOR’ my dream job or do I land in Toronto and leave my dream job.
And yes if I leave Ontario then I am misrepresenting myself and all that but if I stay then I loose everything. So what’s the statute here.
Any advice or suggestion.
You risk having issue at citizenship if you never settled in Ontario and basically landed and left. You could also risking landing if it is discovered that you hav no intention of moving to Ontario at the airport. There are so many people abusing the PNP systems that they may now be cracking down on people because Canada wants newcomers to spread out across Canada. Typically people aren’t applying to OINP and leaving they applying to the easier provinces and leave soon after landing. You are the one who has too live with the potential consequences. The fact that you had the job offers before coming to Canada is one of the big issues. That would show that you didn’t have the intention of moving to Ontario if you picked the BC offer.

Last edited:

MQ12

Star Member
May 6, 2019
You risk having issue at citizenship if you never settled in Ontario and basically landed and left. You could also risking landing if it is discovered that you hav no intention of moving to Ontario at the airport. There are so many people abusing the PNP systems that they may now be cracking down on people because Canada wants newcomers to spread out across Canada. Typically people aren’t applying to OINP and leaving they applying to the easier provinces and leave soon after landing. You are the one who has too live with the potential consequences. The fact that you had the job offers before coming to Canada is one of the big issues. That would show that you didn’t have the intention of moving to Ontario if you picked the BC offer.
Well technically I haven’t been offered either, but I get what you are saying. As far as cracking down goes, that’s a stretch. Maybe at the airports, but once you are in the system the lawyers and the law says it’s no one’s business where or what you do.

Now I had all the intentions of staying, I have friends there and no one in Vancouver, and yes it’s misrepresentation if I chose BC, that is if I had only BC. But if I have both offers on the table before I land. Then it’s a choice. And I can patiently make that choice after I land.
And who knows where I will be when citizenship comes up. I might just be back in Toronto. Or might not be in Canada!
the question is, knowing what I know,and the choices I MAY have, do I have a choice? Or has that been taken from me because Ontario wants me to try and stay longer.

@legalfalcon whazzzuppp brother! Been a while..

Care to shine some light..lol

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Well technically I haven’t been offered either, but I get what you are saying. As far as cracking down goes, that’s a stretch. Maybe at the airports, but once you are in the system the lawyers and the law says it’s no one’s business where or what you do.

Now I had all the intentions of staying, I have friends there and no one in Vancouver, and yes it’s misrepresentation if I chose BC, that is if I had only BC. But if I have both offers on the table before I land. Then it’s a choice. And I can patiently make that choice after I land.
And who knows where I will be when citizenship comes up. I might just be back in Toronto. Or might not be in Canada!
the question is, knowing what I know,and the choices I MAY have, do I have a choice? Or has that been taken from me because Ontario wants me to try and stay longer.

@legalfalcon whazzzuppp brother! Been a while..

Care to shine some light..lol
You do realize the they can go through your bags and your electronics at the border and when applying for citizenship IRCC can call your employer and ask when you were given the job offer, when you applied for the job, when you accepted the position whether you ever mentioned needing to live in Saskatchewan and whether the employer has offices in SK. Citizenship is often when people run into issues. That is often when the most thorough review of all your applications, jobs, travels, etc. are done. People assume that if nothing happens within a month or two there isn’t an issue but that’s not the case.

MQ12

Star Member
May 6, 2019
You do realize the they can go through your bags and your electronics at the border and when applying for citizenship IRCC can call your employer and ask when you were given the job offer, when you applied for the job, when you accepted the position whether you ever mentioned needing to live in Saskatchewan and whether the employer has offices in SK. Citizenship is often when people run into issues. That is often when the most thorough review of all your applications, jobs, travels, etc. are done. People assume that if nothing happens within a month or two there isn’t an issue but that’s not the case.
First of all, not going to SK. It’s Ontario, second, what dose searching my bags and electronics got to do with this?
Assuming they do, and they find that I have a job offer before I landed. Well guess what I had an offer from Ontario as well. So what now?
Please read before you answer. I know plenty of people on this very forum who have admitted to have vacationed in there nominee province for a week and moved. Now they are citizens.
finally, your understanding seems to be quite narrow. I have no intentions of moving to BC if I had a similar role in Ontario. I don’t. Also who knows where I will be 2 years from now, I might just have move backed to Ontario. This fear mongering isn’t good for your health mate. I am not misrepresenting my self here, all I am asking is dilemma of choosing a better option or not.
If you don’t have any logical or hard facts then thanks for your input.

byqc

May 26, 2021
First of all, not going to SK. It’s Ontario, second, what dose searching my bags and electronics got to do with this?
Assuming they do, and they find that I have a job offer before I landed. Well guess what I had an offer from Ontario as well. So what now?
Please read before you answer. I know plenty of people on this very forum who have admitted to have vacationed in there nominee province for a week and moved. Now they are citizens.
finally, your understanding seems to be quite narrow. I have no intentions of moving to BC if I had a similar role in Ontario. I don’t. Also who knows where I will be 2 years from now, I might just have move backed to Ontario. This fear mongering isn’t good for your health mate. I am not misrepresenting my self here, all I am asking is dilemma of choosing a better option or not.
If you are not satisfied with answers by people here, why don't you have a consultation by a pro?
I know we tend to get mad when we receive replies against our expectation, but you will have no chice but accept it if those are from a pro.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you the intention of living in ON you would not be speaking or applying for jobs in BC. Many who have temporary plans in another province before resettling in the PNP province are required to show that they have confirmed travel and reservation for Airbnb/hotel/lease. I understand your dilemma but if you wanted to be flexible you should have approved for FSWP which would allow you to move to anywhere but Quebec.

likelike123

Nov 22, 2022
Hello, I’m currently in NB. I see, I had all the intention to settle in the province: I’ve registered to the healthcard, have a lease for my own apartment, bills under my name and have a full time job. It’s just that for some reason, the environment is not healthy for me here.
Same situation here! I am in NB as well. I was wondering have you decided to move out yet? Some one suggested that I needed to stay in NB for two years in order for the PR renewal?

Thank you!