+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving out of province after PNP

Kishu08

Apr 1, 2021
Hi, I’m really considering leaving it’s just that I’m worried about my PR status and citizenship in the future. Though a lot of people have told me the same, that as long as I have the documents to prove that I did intend to settle in NB (which I did) and paper trail about why I left then it should be okay to move.

It’s both the job and living NB. In my experience, the environment and the job I have has been very unwelcoming.
Hi, how is it going with you? I am currently in the same situation and would like to know if you left?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi, how is it going with you? I am currently in the same situation and would like to know if you left?
You have to show that you have done everything to settle in Province like finding job . Make sure you spend time in nominated province and then move . If you move right after PR , it will cause issue in citizenship.

Kishu08

Apr 1, 2021
You have to show that you have done everything to settle in Province like finding job . Make sure you spend time in nominated province and then move . If you move right after PR , it will cause issue in citizenship.
We have spent a year now. Is it okay to move? We miss family support although hubby got a nb govt job in a small town (we are the only blacks,no friends) so we are confused on how this will impact us.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
We have spent a year now. Is it okay to move? We miss family support although hubby got a nb govt job in a small town (we are the only blacks,no friends) so we are confused on how this will impact us.
You're fine to move - the charter generally protects you by giving the right to earn a living wherever you find the opportunity to do so in Canada.

Reactions: Kishu08

EduSi

Jun 1, 2020
hi guys and admins esp @legalfalcon . I would like to ask. is there any issue in the future in my case? i am in bordertown Lloydminster. I am PR under SINP and i lived in Saskatchewan side of Lloyd but I am now working in Alberta side of Lloydminster. Any opinions about these?

Thank you very much.

EduSi

Jun 1, 2020
Hello, I’m currently in NB. I see, I had all the intention to settle in the province: I’ve registered to the healthcard, have a lease for my own apartment, bills under my name and have a full time job. It’s just that for some reason, the environment is not healthy for me here.
hi. how long Did you stay in NB? (including TFW and PR)?

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
I have spent 2 years in the province that nominated me and ready to move out.. i believe it wouldn't be a big issue since we already filled out 2 taxes being PR and living in the province.. just make sure you meet the minimum requirement and keep all information, like medical reports and everything.. and don't forget to come back here and share your experience if you decide to move out

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
hi guys and admins esp @legalfalcon . I would like to ask. is there any issue in the future in my case? i am in bordertown Lloydminster. I am PR under SINP and i lived in Saskatchewan side of Lloyd but I am now working in Alberta side of Lloydminster. Any opinions about these?

Thank you very much.

This has been discussed a number of times.

See https://bit.ly/3rtiVqv

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022

Thank you very much.
Please don't tag legalfalcon unless it's a life or death issue. We have already answered this for you - you have rights to work anywhere you please under the charter. As long as there was no intent to misrepresent in your application and your circumstances changed later, then it's fine. Now move on.

byqc

May 26, 2021
People here should talk with legal pro. We can move to other provinces with proof that we tried to settle down in the province where we applied for. However, nobody here knows how much of proof is enough to demonstrate our effort to settle down.

Reactions: Alalac

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
Does your PR card show the landing place? In my case, I apply for pnp in province X but my card shows place of landing as province Y.

Raptor33

May 10, 2020

Thank you very much.
Hi there,

Congratulations on your PR under SINP! As a permanent resident, you have the right to live, work, and study anywhere in Canada. This means that you can live and work in Alberta, even though you were nominated by Saskatchewan. There is no minimum stay requirement in the nominating province, so you are free to move to another province without any problems.

However, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, if you move to Alberta, you will need to update your address with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). You can do this online or by mail. Second, you may need to get a new driver's license and health card if you move to Alberta. Finally, you may need to pay provincial taxes in Alberta, even if you are still working in Saskatchewan.

Overall, there are no major issues with moving to Alberta after being nominated by Saskatchewan. However, it is important to take care of the necessary paperwork and make sure that you are aware of your tax obligations.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi there,

Congratulations on your PR under SINP! As a permanent resident, you have the right to live, work, and study anywhere in Canada. This means that you can live and work in Alberta, even though you were nominated by Saskatchewan. There is no minimum stay requirement in the nominating province, so you are free to move to another province without any problems.

However, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, if you move to Alberta, you will need to update your address with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). You can do this online or by mail. Second, you may need to get a new driver's license and health card if you move to Alberta. Finally, you may need to pay provincial taxes in Alberta, even if you are still working in Saskatchewan.

Overall, there are no major issues with moving to Alberta after being nominated by Saskatchewan. However, it is important to take care of the necessary paperwork and make sure that you are aware of your tax obligations.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.
No you don’t have to update any addresses to CIC once you are PR . His file is closed from last 2 years. What’s point with CIC now to updating address.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
No you don’t have to update any addresses to CIC once you are PR . His file is closed from last 2 years. What’s point with CIC now to updating address.
Yeah I lol'd the guy has no idea what he's talking about. Why would IRCC want to know your address after you get your PR card lol? It only matters again during citizenship.