+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving out of country after application

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everybody, I'm new here so sorry if my question seems obvious or naive.

If I apply for citizenship and leave Canada for a few months to work, eg, in US, is there a chance my application will get rejected? I will apply after my residency requirement is met, ie, 3 out of 4 years, and 2 years after becoming a permanent resident. I've heard some people leave the country and only come back for the test and oath. Or is it safer to stay in Canada till the day taking oath? Thanks a lot in advance.

pkakula

Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2009
Doc's Request.
sep 2009
AOR Received.
nov 2nd 2009
File Transfer...
sep 9th 2009
Med's Request
feb 01 2010
Med's Done....
feb 8th 2010
Passport Req..
feb 1st 2010
VISA ISSUED...
STATUS CHANGED TO DECISION MADE ON JULY 1ST
LANDED..........
july 21st 2010.
yyzhuang said:
Hi everybody, I'm new here so sorry if my question seems obvious or naive.

If I apply for citizenship and leave Canada for a few months to work, eg, in US, is there a chance my application will get rejected? I will apply after my residency requirement is met, ie, 3 out of 4 years, and 2 years after becoming a permanent resident. I've heard some people leave the country and only come back for the test and oath. Or is it safer to stay in Canada till the day taking oath? Thanks a lot in advance.
It was not an issue before .But now if you leave the country you would be getting RQ which means Residancy Questionnare .I had plans to get in to USA this October after putting my application in Aug 2013 .But cancelled the plan since i am afraid that i would get an RQ.

Things are now very different and we have to be very careful.

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You may want to check these topics, it has been discussed:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/moving-to-the-us-after-applying-for-citizenship-t57757.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/obtaining-citizenship-after-temporarily-moving-abroad-t126137.0.html

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EasyRider said:
You may want to check these topics, it has been discussed
Thanks a lot EasyRider. Reading those discussions did scared me a lot. I will re-consider my plans then.