+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving Out Of Canada after submitting CEC application

avenuthurla

Jun 5, 2022
Hello Everyone,

I have a situation with my CEC application, I am on closed work permit working in Montreal for a specified employer, I recently got an express entry Invitation through CEC to apply for PR. I have 9 more days to submit the application, now my employer is asking me to move to USA. My closed work permit will be expiring in July, I am not sure what I can do here? can I still submit my PR application and move to USA or should I be in Canada while my application is in process ? if I can leave is there anything I need to explain IRCC?

brb2288

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
05-12-2022
LANDED..........
12-01-2024
Hello Everyone,

I have a situation with my CEC application, I am on closed work permit working in Montreal for a specified employer, I recently got an express entry Invitation through CEC to apply for PR. I have 9 more days to submit the application, now my employer is asking me to move to USA. My closed work permit will be expiring in July, I am not sure what I can do here? can I still submit my PR application and move to USA or should I be in Canada while my application is in process ? if I can leave is there anything I need to explain IRCC?
you can submit the application as long as you are not claiming points for job offer because in that case you are required to provide offer letter from employer to continue employment in Canada for atleast one year. After submission once moved to US You have to inform IRCC about the address change.

avenuthurla

Jun 5, 2022
you can submit the application as long as you are not claiming points for job offer because in that case you are required to provide offer letter from employer to continue employment in Canada for atleast one year. After submission once moved to US You have to inform IRCC about the address change.
Hi Thanks for responding, I am claiming points for job offer, it has been more than year since I started working for this employer, I moved to canada in 2021 and I have been working for them since then, is this one year ok or should I have to have one more year employment from the day I submit my application?

mrleveling

Apr 14, 2023
Hi Thanks for responding, I am claiming points for job offer, it has been more than year since I started working for this employer, I moved to canada in 2021 and I have been working for them since then, is this one year ok or should I have to have one more year employment from the day I submit my application?
If you are claiming points for 1 year of Canadian experience and have actually worked 1 year in canada then it's fine. But if you're claiming the 50 additional points for a valid job offer then you cannot continue the application if the cutoff score was more than what you'd have after subtracting 50 points from your CRS at the time of ITA.

Reactions: Chasechs and cz999