+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving on Work Permit - Transfer of funds

varun1512

Nov 18, 2019
Hi,

My family is moving to Canada as i have secured a job and have a work permit. We have lived in US for 6 years so have investments and savings here. Since i don't have a canadian bank account yet , what is the best way to move our savings from US to Canada. Since the amount is high (~ approx 400K), looking for secure solutions and also the ones where i get access to my money in canada quick.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You can contact the banks in Canada and ask them how to do this, HSBC especially, but they might cost more. But most banks should be able to do it.

After the account is open you do a transfer from your US account.
Your account might be innactive until you actually go to the branch and provide required docs.

varun1512

Nov 18, 2019
You can contact the banks in Canada and ask them how to do this, HSBC especially, but they might cost more. But most banks should be able to do it.

After the account is open you do a transfer from your US account.
Your account might be innactive until you actually go to the branch and provide required docs.
yeah unfortunately not many banks allow opening an account from US before landing

Suryab2329

Nov 18, 2019
What is your situation?
Hi,
I applied for Fanshawe college for Jan 2020 and I completed all the payments i.e. tution fee for 1 year and GIC with ICICI bank. And included all the documents in visa application which I applied on 12th November. I got my biometrics done and it is showing as completed under my profile. My IELTS score is 7.0 with no band less than 6.5. Earlier I got recruited for a company which is inHyderabad, India and they'd sent me to Dubai in April 2019 for company's work on visitor's visa for 3 months after which I returned to India in july 2019. Now I'm afraid that this would affect my study permit. Please help me with your valuable suggestions.