+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving items to canada before permanent residency is approved

sodiob

Apr 30, 2013
Hi all, I plan on moving to Canada from Australia with my wife in a few months. She is Canadian and I am Australian. I have applied for a permanent residency visa. We have been living in Australia for 10 years. We want to send all our possessions now so they are there in a few months when we arrive. However, I will not have my Permanent residency completed by the time I arrive, and will have to go to Canada first on a tourist visa will I wait for it to be processed. Will there be a problem sending all our possessions if I am there on a visitor visa to begin with?
thanks!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, there is no problem as you are shipping them and not bringing them with you on your person. It is more of a problem when somebody is moving from the US and shows up at the border with a truck full of stuff.

sodiob

Apr 30, 2013
Thanks! Does that mean I can fly into Canada at the same time as her, or should I go a few days later? She will be arriving with her b4 forms filled out. I am worried they will think I am moving with her if I turn up with her. Hope this makes sense!