+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving in to Canada as a single mom

kene Nma

Jul 31, 2022
The 22 year old is no longer classified as a dependent (too old) and won't be eligible to come with you.

You will need the form for the 17 year old if you are traveling before January 7th.

The 20 year old can travel without the form.
Thank you so much for prompt response

kene Nma

Jul 31, 2022
Hello, please this my first son will be 22 by 21st of this month August. If I am able to apply for provincial nominee before his birthday, will I be able to include him in the PR application

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, please this my first son will be 22 by 21st of this month August. If I am able to apply for provincial nominee before his birthday, will I be able to include him in the PR application
I don't see how this is in any way possible.

It's not enough to apply for the nomination. You would need to receive the nomination from the province (i.e. have the province select you) and then also submit your application before he turns 22. I don't see any possible way this can all be done within three weeks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, am a single mum of grown up children, 22, 20 and 17 to be 18 in January 7th, I have an offer of employment from Saskatchewan. Do I need to get their father to fill Form 5406 considering their age. I want to include them in my permanent resident application.
What type of job is it? NOC C or D?

kene Nma

Jul 31, 2022
Thank you, I have 60 points, trusting God the approval letter will be out soon, my employer applied on 28th of may. Not sure why it's not yet out.

chasley

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
Hi, Good day to all. Im so grateful to be find a forum for such great informations.

I hope you could help me with my inquiries. I am a single mom from Philippines . My son is illegitimate at birth and haven't heard about the father of my son. Now immigration is asking me to fill out the IMM5406 for non accompanyinhg parent and legal custody document. I have submitted an explanation about it but then they ask me again for second time about the form and custody document. I really don't know what to do? Ive read that when you're from other country like Philippines you don't need to go to the court for the custody document. Please help me, They gave me one week to provide for it. Should I resend my explanation letter. Please help me. Thank you very much.

chasley

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
You should obtain sole legal custody of your child if you want to move to Canada.
Hi I'm from Phillipines, my son is illegitimate and I don't know the father is . immigration ask me to provide the form IMM 5604 non accompanying parent and legal custody. I submitted explanation letter about it that I don't know the whereabouts of the father so I can't provide the form.but then just today they send me again request to provide for the form and legal custody. I don't know what to do. please help me. they gave me only one week to provide it. Thank you

chasley

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
If the father is still alive, even if you were never married, then you still need that IMM5604. Hope all works out well for you.

EDIT: Some countries like the Philippines award the mother automatic sole legal custody of illegitimate children. As I'm unsure about your circumstance, I can't comment further.

hi im from Philippines, do we have to get a legal document from the lawyer if im the automatic legal custody of my illegitimate child?

Jayuan

Dec 14, 2023
Please I need help, I don’t know if I’m typing I’m the correct place.

I am newly married to my husband, and I have a daughter whose father died before she was born, we where not married, so after he dies the family didn’t want anything to do with my child and I. My child bears the same surname as me, which is my fathers name,I haven’t changed my name to my husbands name yet. How can I bring my child and husband to Canada? Because I am currently a student in Canada. What documents do I need? Can my husband and I get full custody documents for my child? Will that work? I really want to be with my child again.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I am newly married to my husband, and I have a daughter whose father died before she was born, we where not married, so after he dies the family didn’t want anything to do with my child and I. My child bears the same surname as me, which is my fathers name,I haven’t changed my name to my husbands name yet. How can I bring my child and husband to Canada? Because I am currently a student in Canada. What documents do I need? Can my husband and I get full custody documents for my child? Will that work? I really want to be with my child again.
Are you an international student? Or you already have PR or citizen?

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

Same question, what is your status in Canada?
This section "Permanent Residency Obligations" is for PR of Canada to discuss about their Obligations (mostly on the physical days spent inside Canada as PR).
If you are not yet a PR, you are posting in the wrong section.

If you are an internation student, then you could apply for TRV/SOWP/study permit for your immediate family BUT the approval is never guaranteed.
If you are the mother of your child, it should show in the child's birth certificate. I don't understand what is the "custody documents" you needed since the father already passed away.
For your spouse, you need marriage certificate.