+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving in to Canada as a single mom

Jayuan

Dec 14, 2023
Same question, what is your status in Canada?
This section "Permanent Residency Obligations" is for PR of Canada to discuss about their Obligations (mostly on the physical days spent inside Canada as PR).
If you are not yet a PR, you are posting in the wrong section.

If you are an internation student, then you could apply for TRV/SOWP/study permit for your immediate family BUT the approval is never guaranteed.
If you are the mother of your child, it should show in the child's birth certificate. I don't understand what is the "custody documents" you needed since the father already passed away.
For your spouse, you need marriage certificate.
I am an international student.

chingkaykik

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
If the father is still alive, even if you were never married, then you still need that IMM5604. Hope all works out well for you.

EDIT: Some countries like the Philippines award the mother automatic sole legal custody of illegitimate children. As I'm unsure about your circumstance, I can't comment further.
Hi. I received an ITA and is now collecting documents for our PR application. I am a single mother, was never married and the father did not recognize my daughter in her birth certificate. I am from the Philippines and yes, you are correct we are automatically granted custody for our child. My daughter's father's name in her birth certificate is blank and has no name on it. I am already here in Canada and my daughter is in my home country. I have the following questions:

1. Do I need to declare her father and her siblings in my daughter's family information?
2. Do I have to fill up the IMM form you mentioned earlier? And where to upload them?

Zxzxz

Jan 24, 2024
So in Pakistan HOW THE CUSTODIAL PARENT UPON SEPARATION OR DIVORCE COULD OBTAIN FULL CUSTODY OF THE MINOR?
Under Section of 7 of the Act, 1890
, person in custody of the minor is required to approach the court seeking issuance of Guardian Certificate. This help the custodial parent to attain a trifecta.
By filing the Application it is established in court that the minor is genuinely in the custody of the applicant.
By obtaining Guardian Certificate, applicant if mother do not require, consent of father for issuance of ID Card, Passport or Birth Certificate of minor from NADRA. She can also travel abroad with minor without consent of father.
So all you need guardian certificate which means you are legal custodian