+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving households from US to Canada

xxggxx

Jul 26, 2021
Hi everyone,

We just got approved PR, and we are planing to do our landing at the end of September. We are currently in the US, and considering to drive Uhaul or use Upack shipping service.

Does anyone use Upack service to move from U.S to Canada? We are not familiar with Upack, so we have some questions.

1. Do we need to across the border before the Upack packages arrive the border?
2. Do we need to wait or comeback to the border when the packages arrive the border?
3. Do we need to across the same border as the packages?

Thank you!
Any input would be greatly appreciated!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi everyone,

We just got approved PR, and we are planing to do our landing at the end of September. We are currently in the US, and considering to drive Uhaul or use Upack shipping service.

Does anyone use Upack service to move from U.S to Canada? We are not familiar with Upack, so we have some questions.

2. Do we need to wait or comeback to the border when the packages arrive the border?

Thank you!
I didn't use upack but it works the same with all the services. You don't need to travel with the packages. The packages will arrive in Canada and you will have to visit the local customs office to clear those. So you need to be in Canada or give someone the required documents to do that on your behalf in Canada.

Reactions: xxggxx

xxggxx

Jul 26, 2021
I didn't use upack but it works the same with all the services. You don't need to travel with the packages. The packages will arrive in Canada and you will have to visit the local customs office to clear those. So you need to be in Canada or give someone the required documents to do that on your behalf in Canada.
Thank you so much for your information.

champ1411

Jun 10, 2021
Hi everyone,

Thank you!
Were you able to use Upack. I called them today and they have stopped Canada moves till winter. Too much demand in US.

xxggxx

Jul 26, 2021
Were you able to use Upack. I called them today and they have stopped Canada moves till winter. Too much demand in US.
We called them last week, reserved a trail at the end of September. Not sure if they are fully booked, or if they stop the service. But for now, they didn’t notify us yet. Maybe it depends on where you live.