Med's Request
20/07/2011
Passport Req..
15/10/2011
VISA ISSUED...
12/12/2011
LANDED..........
16-06-2012
Thank you guys, really appreciate your views and responds.

i will ask about the shipping prices from Dubai to Toronto and will compare if it does worth or not and i think it doesnt ;D but just to be more sure,

thanks again

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
Hi All,Is there anyone from UAE.I would like to know how they paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee .I know I make a bank draft in favour of Receiver General for Canada,Is this Payable in UK or Canada?
Please share info on this please.

Going..Canada

Star Member
Sep 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 2010 send Dec 2010
AOR Received.
May 2011
IELTS Request
Send with other doc's Dec 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 2010
Med's Request
Mar 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
November 2012
moe2011 said:
Thank you guys, really appreciate your views and responds.

i will ask about the shipping prices from Dubai to Toronto and will compare if it does worth or not and i think it doesnt ;D but just to be more sure,

thanks again

Dear Moe..

If you had some new experience from your search for the shipping prices to Toronto or if you already did this please share.

I am searching and thinking about it.

Thanks!

art2012

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mats said:
Hi All,Is there anyone from UAE.I would like to know how they paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee .I know I make a bank draft in favour of Receiver General for Canada,Is this Payable in UK or Canada?
Please share info on this please.

Hi mats,
I had paid rprf from hsbc dubai and i had written "Receiver General for Canada",that's it nothing else.
Neither UK nor Canada.

MelodyMartin

Feb 11, 2014
I would suggest rather than moving, you can make new one there. It will be both ways profitable for you. As in you don't need to take load of that and by making new furniture which is one the best things available in Canada, you can get new home look in a better way.

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
moe2011 said:
Dear all,

i want to ask if any one in this forum has shipped his own furniture from his home country to canada?does it woth or instead buying furniture from canada much easy?

please share your experience as i live in Dubai and i plan to ship my furniture to canada.
Sir

It would be economical to buy from Canada
In addition to shipment cost , Movers in Canada will charge you a lot for the movement of this furniture

Stay Blessed

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
msaeed said:
Sir

It would be economical to buy from Canada
In addition to shipment cost , Movers in Canada will charge you a lot for the movement of this furniture

Stay Blessed
No, it's not. Like I said before, it's more economically to buy from the US :)

Sarah1

Feb 7, 2014
Just don't do it.
Imagine you rent an apartment and the furniture arrive after 2-3 weeks? Or even worse, the furniture arrive and you still didn't find a place to rent? Pay to move them to storage, pay the storage and then pay again to move them to the new place.
Electronics don't worth it cause of the voltage difference. I brought with me a couple of devices that might worth 200$, but I spend another 200$ on a good voltage converter so I can use them! Then what? Sofa and bed? Better sell the ones you got there and buy new ones here. It will give you much more flexibility settling here if you don't have bulky items to worry about.

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
steaky said:
No, it's not. Like I said before, it's more economically to buy from the US :)
Sir

Movers -(Company who will transport your furniture from Port , and will drop at your door steps) , costs a lot .
If we buy from any local , canadian , furniture shop , they offer this for FREE

Stay Blessed

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
moe2011 said:
Dear all,

i want to ask if any one in this forum has shipped his own furniture from his home country to canada?does it woth or instead buying furniture from canada much easy?
please share your experience as i live in Dubai and i plan to ship my furniture to canada.
It seems like you have already received a lot of feedback, but I wanted to add my opinion. Shipping a professionally packed container from Dubai to Toronto should cost you about $8,200. Aside from your furniture, you can also include a variety of personal effects, household goods, clothes, etc. in a container that you otherwise may not be able to carry on a plane (due to baggage restrictions). So, in effect, you need to think about how much stuff you are bringing, and decide whether it makes sense.

A container will take at least 6 weeks to arrive, regardless of what shipping companies promise, so bear that in mind.

Abede

May 19, 2020
It seems like you have already received a lot of feedback, but I wanted to add my opinion. Shipping a professionally packed container from Dubai to Toronto should cost you about $8,200. Aside from your furniture, you can also include a variety of personal effects, household goods, clothes, etc. in a container that you otherwise may not be able to carry on a plane (due to baggage restrictions). So, in effect, you need to think about how much stuff you are bringing, and decide whether it makes sense.

A container will take at least 6 weeks to arrive, regardless of what shipping companies promise, so bear that in mind.
Hello what's the currency of the $8200? I'm from the Caribbean and would like to know since this topic is if interest to me. Thanks much looking forward to hearing from.

Abede

May 19, 2020
That post is from 6 years ago. Pricing has likely changed.
Hi thanks, when I asked about currency was trying to figure out if it was US, Canadian, Australian or UAE dollars, etc. The cost would be different I can always multiply inflation cost to get an average. It will help as I will be able to explain to my family the cost associated with transporting our stuff as compared to purchasing furniture in Canada.

Thanks again any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi thanks, when I asked about currency was trying to figure out if it was US, Canadian, Australian or UAE dollars, etc. The cost would be different I can always multiply inflation cost to get an average. It will help as I will be able to explain to my family the cost associated with transporting our stuff as compared to purchasing furniture in Canada.

Thanks again any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Imagine it is in USD. Almost never makes sense to ship large items unless you’re not paying for them.

Abede

May 19, 2020
Thanks I am looking towards moving to Canada and the items moving came up so I will have to discuss this further with my wife. Having information would certainly be helpful. Thanks again. On my own I want not even think about moving large items, but my wife was asking about the shipping so I wanted some details on this subject that would have provided insight on the subject.