+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving from Ontario to Alberta

KPR1

Feb 19, 2021
Hi I am working in Ontario for 6 months as tech support. If I move to Alberta for the same job, do I need to wait for 1 year in Alberta before applying for Accelerated Tech Pathway? or do I have to just wait for 6 months in Alberta(as I have already worked for 6 months in Ontario)?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi I am working in Ontario for 6 months as tech support. If I move to Alberta for the same job, do I need to wait for 1 year in Alberta before applying for Accelerated Tech Pathway? or do I have to just wait for 6 months in Alberta(as I have already worked for 6 months in Ontario)?
It has to be an year for a Alberta employer hence the name.

ViceVersa

Feb 5, 2024
My understanding is that for the Accelerated Tech Pathway program, you need 12 months of full-time continuous employment with the same employer. So it doesn't matter if part of that was in Ontario - it all has to be under the same Alberta employer for a full year before you can apply. Your previous Ontario time unfortunately won't count. But 6 months down is still better than nothing!

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
My understanding is that for the Accelerated Tech Pathway program, you need 12 months of full-time continuous employment with the same employer. So it doesn't matter if part of that was in Ontario - it all has to be under the same Alberta employer for a full year before you can apply. Your previous Ontario time unfortunately won't count. But 6 months down is still better than nothing!
The OP is referring to same job not same employer.