+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving from Ireland to Canada

Ryzeh

Dec 9, 2023
Hi guys,

Looking to move to Canada in 2024 under a Working Visa.
My partner and I want to live in an Airbnb for maybe a month while looking for an apartment to live in. Can we use an Airbnb for a form of residency or will we need a proper apartment as residency?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys,

My partner and I want to live in an Airbnb for maybe a month while looking for an apartment to live in. Can we use an Airbnb for a form of residency or will we need a proper apartment as residency?
You can use AirBNb as temporary address although it doesn’t make sense to use for things like your PR card application because it will likely take over a month to receive. Are you worried about a specific issue needing residency?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi guys,

If you’re looking at having mail directed there ask the owner if they are willing to have it done . I had an Airbnb in Toronto and a couple in Calgary. Two would not allow mail to be sent there

Reactions: canuck78