+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving from Detroit to Toronto

michibong

May 5, 2018
I am not sure if there is another appropriate forum for this question but I am looking for some suggestions about what is the best option for moving my stuffs from Detroit to Toronto. I am not too keen about UHaul.

visatest

May 24, 2016
London Ontario Canada
Michibong (good name) I'll tell you it just isn't that easy. It's kind of strange for us becuase I regularily hang out in Port Huron, Mi and you probably do the same darn thing with Windsor, ON. Now unlike the States M.B. Canada uses a thing called a SIN card (it's your Canadian Social Insurance Number). The SIN card is required to do pretty much anything major. Like get an apt., car or job. The fines are so high people usually don't mess with it (I mean employers stick to the law). So it is kind of impossible to be an illegal in Canada. Like I say it seems like restricting you from part of Canada is like locking you out of the house at night. So you do have to immigrate and become a Canadian (but don't worry, you keep your US citizenship) along with being Canadian also. I will list below the links you should look at. There are several programs M.B.; you just have to pick the right one. Canada Immigration is entirely self serve on the web so no worries sending paper etc. I urge you to read it over and come back to the Board to ask questions. Oh yeah, on the furniture I think somebody local on either side could do it for you. They just need the permits for the tunnel or bridge (they all got em). Look at that Atlantic Immigration Pilot. You would probably end up somewhere near Vermont; but it is a bit of a short path opportunity. If you didn't like it you can always move.

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html

michibong

May 5, 2018
Michibong (good name) I'll tell you it just isn't that easy. It's kind of strange for us becuase I regularily hang out in Port Huron, Mi and you probably do the same darn thing with Windsor, ON. Now unlike the States M.B. Canada uses a thing called a SIN card (it's your Canadian Social Insurance Number). The SIN card is required to do pretty much anything major. Like get an apt., car or job. The fines are so high people usually don't mess with it (I mean employers stick to the law). So it is kind of impossible to be an illegal in Canada. Like I say it seems like restricting you from part of Canada is like locking you out of the house at night. So you do have to immigrate and become a Canadian (but don't worry, you keep your US citizenship) along with being Canadian also. I will list below the links you should look at. There are several programs M.B.; you just have to pick the right one. Canada Immigration is entirely self serve on the web so no worries sending paper etc. I urge you to read it over and come back to the Board to ask questions. Oh yeah, on the furniture I think somebody local on either side could do it for you. They just need the permits for the tunnel or bridge (they all got em). Look at that Atlantic Immigration Pilot. You would probably end up somewhere near Vermont; but it is a bit of a short path opportunity. If you didn't like it you can always move.

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html
huh?
I was just asking about good reliable moving companies

Reactions: visatest