+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving from Closed work permit to PR

nour.hanna89

Jul 2, 2022
Hello, I came to Canada on a closed work permit (intra-company transfer) and I got my PR after one year. My work permit is valid till 2025 and it is mentioned on it that I cannot work for another employer. Now after getting my PR, is it possible to do part time job (completely different field)?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, I came to Canada on a closed work permit (intra-company transfer) and I got my PR after one year. My work permit is valid till 2025 and it is mentioned on it that I cannot work for another employer. Now after getting my PR, is it possible to do part time job (completely different field)?
Once you land as a PR your WP is no longer valid. As a PR you are free to work as many jobs as you like.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Once you land as PR your all visas and permits become invalid. You are free to live and move and work anywhere and for anyone. Full time or part time or do 20 jobs . You are non bonded to your employer anymore.

Reactions: YVR123