+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving from AB to ON: where to take the test and will it affect processing time?

adnaniut

May 22, 2013
I am new to the forum and seems it is a great place to share information!

Any feedback is much appreciated. This is my status shown online:

Received application on September 7, 2012
Sent you a letter acknowledging receipt on September 7, 2012.
Started processing your application on March 15, 2013.

Now I have got a job offer in Ontario and moving there from Alberta next month. My question is once I change my address from AB to ON, can it delay processing time? Do I have to come back to AB to take the test or I can take it in ON? Once processing is started, how long it may take to get a decision?

Thanks in advance!

Naseeb

NS_SJ

May 6, 2013
adnaniut said:

Now I have got a job offer in Ontario and moving there from Alberta next month. My question is once I change my address from AB to ON, can it delay processing time? Do I have to come back to AB to take the test or I can take it in ON? Once processing is started, how long it may take to get a decision?

Thanks in advance!

Naseeb

Its always better to inform CIC about your address change and they will decided what to do. Its highly not recommended to lie or hide any changes from CIC.

All the best!

oldboy

Oct 22, 2014
adnaniut said:

Thanks in advance!

Naseeb

Hi Naseeb,

I'm in exact same situation and would like to learn what has happened with you? Have you moved? Any problems?