+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving during COVID-19, potential dates

Giovanna024

Jun 11, 2019
I doubt your plan is going to work. You might have to delay your moving to your new apartment and upon entering the country, stay at the Government arranged accomodation for the first 14 days for quarantine instead.
I thought you can do self isolation at your place?
I didnt know its mandatory the Governmeny arranged you somewhere to stay?!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I thought you can do self isolation at your place?
I didnt know its mandatory the Governmeny arranged you somewhere to stay?!
But your place is not yet established. You will have movers moving your stuff, st up utilities, etc. Do you have friends who can arrange those things before you move in?

Giovanna024

Jun 11, 2019
But your place is not yet established. You will have movers moving your stuff, st up utilities, etc. Do you have friends who can arrange those things before you move in?
Me??
I have a towmhouse, what movers?
You must be mistaken me for someone else.

sandbox032020

May 6, 2020
My COPR expires on June 12th, but I cannot travel as the border is closed. Haven't received a reply for the webform I submitted on 15th May.
Did someone receive a reply from CIC saying what to do? Did anyone get an extension to travel? Thanks!

RAKZ

Star Member
Dec 31, 2019
Can anyone help me with covid 19 plan for travelling to Canada? What should include basically in that plan

Canuck_28

Oct 5, 2011
I doubt your plan is going to work. You might have to delay your moving to your new apartment and upon entering the country, stay at the Government arranged accomodation for the first 14 days for quarantine instead.
I spoke to a CBSA agent last week and it sounded like (in her opinion) this shouldn't be an issue as long as we self isolate and have a plan in place when we cross that we can review with the border agent. Our goal is to have all utilities set-up before the move, so the only contact we would have would be with movers once we arrive in Canada - which we would distance ourselves from, etc. She also mentioned that it will be up to the discretion of the agent at the time of crossing but it sounded like there wouldn't be a problem. I'm going to continue to call as we get closer to our move day and will update everybody if anything changes.

dry.00

Oct 4, 2018
I spoke to a CBSA agent last week and it sounded like (in her opinion) this shouldn't be an issue as long as we self isolate and have a plan in place when we cross that we can review with the border agent. Our goal is to have all utilities set-up before the move, so the only contact we would have would be with movers once we arrive in Canada - which we would distance ourselves from, etc. She also mentioned that it will be up to the discretion of the agent at the time of crossing but it sounded like there wouldn't be a problem. I'm going to continue to call as we get closer to our move day and will update everybody if anything changes.
I actually had the same question as the earlier commenter.
Thanks for the info.

Which number did you call to get your answers?

I'm planning to move my stuff to Windsor, ON in about a month, and I'll be driving a U-haul truck with all my stuff.
I want to store my stuff in a U-haul storage facility for a few months and stay at Airbnb for a while (including self quarantine).
I'll need movers' help since I'll be going alone.
I don't know if the CBSA agent will let me in if I tell them that I'll be visiting a Uhaul facility.

Danaan

Star Member
Jan 23, 2017
Virginia, USA
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
Were you able to speak with an agent at the port of entry you will be using? I wonder if it would be a good idea to contact them to let them know when we're landing since we will have a U-Haul, two vehicles to import, pets, etc. We have a good quarantine plan in place (utilities on, someone to return the truck for us), but the thought that an agent could use their discretion to deny us entry is disconcerting. What number did you call if it wasn't your port of entry?

Canuck_28

Oct 5, 2011
Sorry for the delayed response. The number I called was 1-800-461-9999 (within the US or Canada only). U-Haul has a no contact drop off service where you just leave the keys in a box, so there's no risk of contact there and I think the same applies for pick-up or something similar but would need to check with them to see what their current protocol is.

Reactions: Danaan

Canuck_28

Oct 5, 2011
Has anybody else called or made the move across the border in the last month and is willing to provide some additional insight/information?