+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving during COVID-19, potential dates

amanb014

Star Member
Aug 25, 2019
Hi all, I am just wondering what would be a good way to plan the travel during the border closures due to COVID-19. I know no one can predict anything at the moment, but what would be a good date to travel after the borders open?

My COPR is approved on 27 April 2020 and expires on 6 August 2020.
  1. I would like to travel mid July, is this going to be possible?
  2. I heard the travel restriction is until 30 June. Is there any document that says so?
  3. If they extend this restriction date, will people that received COPR before the extension be able to travel?

Reactions: Giovanna024

deleter

Star Member
May 16, 2019
You can come to Canada if your permanent residence application was approved on or before March 18, 2020, you haven’t landed yet and have no symptoms of #COVID19. You are exempt from the travel restrictions. Learn more: https://bit.ly/2JAkLzo

Canuck_28

Oct 5, 2011
Does anybody have any more information in regards to moving back to Canada during COVID-19? I'm a Canadian Citizen, my wife has PR and she's been accepted to a master program at UBC for the fall semester. So we are planning to move back in late July / early August from the US.
Specifically, I'm wondering if CBSA will allow us to complete the 14 day quarantine (self-isolate) in our new apartment with the potential of having movers move our stuff in, set up utilities, etc. all by keeping a safe distance of course. I've found information for travelers (https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice.html?topic=tilelink#a4) but can't seem to find specifics about Canadians moving back during these unprecedented times.

Reactions: Giovanna024

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth

Usa2canada<3

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-08-2020
AOR Received.
11-25-2020
They did extend the border closure another 30 days set to expire June 21st.

mits26

Apr 29, 2020
My COPR came on May 5th , my lawyer says u can still go ,doesn't matter.
We told him bout March 18th rule.
He says no that doesn't apply for u , u can still go.

He gave us number to call border service , Because we have to travel by land.

I called the number , they ask few details and then said u can't come because of March 18 rule!

Don't know what is going on.?

Can someone explain this better !

amanb014

Star Member
Aug 25, 2019

I called the number , they ask few details and then said u can't come because of March 18 rule!

The March 18 rule is on Canada IRCCs website. You can’t go until the restriction is lifted.

Reactions: Beltex

nazj

May 22, 2020
hi, can anyone help. my medical test was cancelled due to lock down. any idea when clinics will be resumed.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
hi, can anyone help. my medical test was cancelled due to lock down. any idea when clinics will be resumed.
Maybe share which country your test is supposed to take place given tests are reliant on panel doctors practices being open and not necessarily influenced by Canada immigration.

ishangodbole

Feb 26, 2018

Fire your lawyer.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anybody have any more information in regards to moving back to Canada during COVID-19? I'm a Canadian Citizen, my wife has PR and she's been accepted to a master program at UBC for the fall semester. So we are planning to move back in late July / early August from the US.
Specifically, I'm wondering if CBSA will allow us to complete the 14 day quarantine (self-isolate) in our new apartment with the potential of having movers move our stuff in, set up utilities, etc. all by keeping a safe distance of course. I've found information for travelers (https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice.html?topic=tilelink#a4) but can't seem to find specifics about Canadians moving back during these unprecedented times.
I doubt your plan is going to work. You might have to delay your moving to your new apartment and upon entering the country, stay at the Government arranged accomodation for the first 14 days for quarantine instead.