+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving back to Montreal after PR. Please help

newbee2253

Aug 21, 2019
Hi friends,

I applied for EE under CEC from Montreal. I also submitted a LoE saying that I will move outside quebec or intend to reside in Ontario.

And I moved to toronto with the same employer. After updating the address to IRCC I got my PR.

Now my employer is saying there is resources needed at Montreal and if I dont want to move, I have to resign ASAP.

So, in this case, can I move back to Montreal for job and keep my toronto address as Permanent address? To keep my address in Toronto, my spouse can stay in Toronto. And can I stay in Montreal to retain my job?

I dont know what to do at this point. Anyway I have to act quick.

Please help. Thanks.

Last edited:

newbee2253

Aug 21, 2019
Hi Can anyone please help? If I dont move back to Montreal, I would be laid off soon. But I like to know is it a wise decision to move back to montreal that will it have any kind of impact while applying for citizenship or renewal of PR in the future?

Last edited:

Nsidhu

Apr 27, 2019
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-06-2019
Hi Can anyone please help? If I dont move back to Montreal, I would be laid off. But I like to know is it a wise decision to move back to montreal that will it have any kind of impact while applying for citizenship or renewal of PR in the future?
Sorry to say ... call cic ... no idea

Victor02

Star Member
Nov 3, 2019
Hi friends,

I applied for EE under CEC from Montreal. I also submitted a LoE saying that I will move outside quebec or intend to reside in Ontario.

And I moved to toronto with the same employer. After updating the address to IRCC I got my PR.

Now my employer is saying there is resources needed at Montreal and if I dont want to move, I have to resign ASAP.

So, in this case, can I move back to Montreal for job and keep my toronto address as Permanent address? To keep my address in Toronto, my spouse can stay in Toronto. And can I stay in Montreal to retain my job?

Please help. Thanks.
Can you share your experiences here please? Did you move to Mtl back?

Usercecinland

Star Member
Nov 6, 2021
Hi friends,

Please help. Thanks.
I have asked a lawyer this same question before. The answer is no worries. Once you have your copr and your PR card; you are a permanent resident of Canada and you are entitled to live and work anywhere in Canada. You can move to Montreal and they cannot cancel your PR status in the future and it will not jeopardize your ability to get Citizenship.
It would be a violation of human rights if they force people not to move between provinces. Quebec is a Canadian province and they can't force you to live in one place not another.

Now in the future if in any case it becomes a prerequisite ti get Citizenship that you kive outside Quebec (if you got your PR thriugh cec) then I am sure there will be an announcement about that. But think about how far such thing is from Canadian values. Canada wants immigrants and is all about human rights. They're not gonna kick you out after you move to Quebec as a PR.

Now a cec applicant living in Quebec will have their application refused unless they can strongly prove they wilo move out of Quebec which is not an easy task.
I still suggest somebody having this question book a consult with a lawyer and pay 300 bucks to hear the same thing I said as a legal advice.