+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving back to Canada entering as visitor to apply inland

Ste_Vege

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Hi,

I am living abroad with my Canadian wife and planning to move back to Canada in the new year to apply for inland sponsorship.
  • Does my wife need to declare at the border she is moving back permanently? I believe she does if she wants to declare the goods she is bringing in? In reality we would only have a couple of large suitcases. If she does need to declare she is moving back permanenty at the border, is it better than if I enter as visitor a few days before her, so the border officer won't know about her plans to move back permanently and won't question me coming along with her/asking for proof of ties to home country to let me in as a visitor?
  • Similarly, is it better if I buy return tickets so that the border officer won't get suspicious I am planning to stay quite long and won't ask for proof of ties to home country to let me in as a visitor? Or they don't have access to this info from the airline? Also if I buy one way ticket, any risk the airline would refuse me boarding?

Ste_Vege

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
I admit it, some of my posts are hypothetical as I imagine situations I could have to face if I apply inland...

Haven't submitted yet

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I admit it, some of my posts are hypothetical as I imagine situations I could have to face if I apply inland...

Haven't submitted yet
OK. That make more sense. So you haven't applied yet and is planning to relocate then apply inland.

It shouldn't be a problem to travel since you have eTA (assuming that you have visa exempted passport from Spain)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Haven't submitted yet
Ok, that realllly stinks! Thank you very much for wasting my time. I'll be happy to refrain from replying to any of your future posts, hypothetical or otherwise.:rolleyes:

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth

Haven't submitted yet
Plus, you’ve been asking questions in regards to spousal sponsorship since 2016. SIX YEARS. Get back to the forum in 2028 when your application should be complete

• Haha
Reactions: Ponga