None
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2014
LANDED..........
31-08-2014
Hi guys!

We have, as planned, landed in Canada (Montreal) on the 03rd of December. Everything went smoothly with immigration at the airport regarding my husband being only on a tourist visa whilst waiting for his PR.

We posted the PR application early November. On Thursday last week, I received an email from CIC saying:

"This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of (my husband's name) and family (if applicable). We are not able to process your application as it is incomplete. You are missing the following:

IMM1344A (SA & Undertaking): An original and completed Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344) bearing original signature(s). This must be received at this office by: 03/13/2014"

I have a couple of questions regarding this. Beside the fact that I know FOR SURE that we sent this form (I kept a copy of everything we sent), I don't quite understand the "A" next to IMM1344, as the one in the for Family Class is named with an "E" rather than an "A". Is this a different form?

My other question concerns the details to put in this form. When we applied for it, we were still living in the UK. However, we are now in Quebec so I am wondering whether I need to put, in the form, the address we were living at when we originally applied or whether I should put the one we live at now. I am not sure at all as it would be classed as an application from "within Canada", rather than "outside". (Just to make it clear, we are applying outland). There are a few questions in the form, to which I originally answered with "NO", that would now be "YES" (such as "are you a Canadian living exclusively in Canada", etc).

Your help is very appreciated!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
I don't know what the A stands for, but to answer the question: fill it out with your current details. Since you've arrived in Canada, you would have to update your mailing address anyway, so might as well do it right away. Explain that you think that you have send the form ( and if you have a copy, send it), but that you're willing to fill out another original one, and explain that since you have come back to Canada, your situation has changed and you're sending the form corresponding to your current situation.

Good luck - and welcome (back) to Canada!
Sweden

katezinha82

Aug 30, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2013
Med's Done....
05-10-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2014
LANDED..........
31-08-2014
Thank you! This is how I completed it as I thought it made more sense but it's nice to have someone else confirming it! I'm sending it again today!

It's nice to be back home to Canada! I really missed it... And with all that snow, it makes it all the more magical! :)

katezinha82

Aug 30, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2013
Med's Done....
05-10-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2014
LANDED..........
31-08-2014
Hello!

We have now received the all-clear regarding me sponsoring my husband from both Canada and Quebec. Now we only have to wait...

However, my husband is here only as a visitor (from the UK). We have return tickets for mid-May, but we obviously don't want to go.
How do I go about that? Do I need to extend his visitor stay or can we just cross the border to USA and come back?

Thanks!

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
You can cross the U.S. border and come back and likely get another 6 months as a visitor, assuming you have no problems at the border. Or you can apply online for an extension to his visitor status. We requested the extension online. Requested one year, stating that I had a PR application in progress and that I wished to remain with my husband during that process. One-year extension was approved.

katezinha82

Aug 30, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2013
Med's Done....
05-10-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2014
LANDED..........
31-08-2014
Thank you! As I thought, it is probably easier and safer to apply online. Another application... ::) I have to say that I am really looking forward for this all to be over! ;)

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
The visitor extension is *almost* refreshing after the PR app, it's so easy, haha! We did have to submit documentation to show how I would support myself here as a visitor. We just sent one of my husband' spay stubs with year-to-date earnings and said he would continue to support me.

BubbOZ

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
File Transfer...
07-11-2013
Med's Done....
With APP
Passport Req..
23-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2014
LANDED..........
24-01-2014
So what stage are you at?

Waiting for the CSQ to arrive stage? or further along?

katezinha82 said:
Hello!

We have now received the all-clear regarding me sponsoring my husband from both Canada and Quebec. Now we only have to wait...

However, my husband is here only as a visitor (from the UK). We have return tickets for mid-May, but we obviously don't want to go.
How do I go about that? Do I need to extend his visitor stay or can we just cross the border to USA and come back?

Thanks!

katezinha82

Aug 30, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2013
Med's Done....
05-10-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2014
LANDED..........
31-08-2014
BubbOZ said:
So what stage are you at?

Waiting for the CSQ to arrive stage? or further along?
Hi!

No, we have received the CSQ about a month ago now. We are waiting for his PR.

However, his "return" to the UK is planned for May, which we want to avoid. So we want to apply for an extension of his stay until he gets his PR.

About this, we have a few question reharding the the application, using the form IMM 5708 "Application to change conditions, extend my stay or remain in Canada as a visitor or temporary resident permit holder.

1) Question 3: "I am applying for one or more of the following": *Extension of my temporary resident status, *Initial temporary resident permit or extension of a temporary resident permit, * Restoration of temporary resident status as a visitor. Which one do we check? He is a visitor in Canada, with only a stamp in his passport.

2) In the COMING TO CANADA section, question 2: "The original purpose for coming to Canada": I assume we select "other" and we write application for PR, right?

3) In the DETAILS OF VISIT TO CANADA": Question 1: "Purpose of my visit", do we write the same as in the question above?

4) Same section, question 2: "Indicate how long you plan to stay", what do we write? The "from" date using today's date (application for extension date)? And what about the "to" date?

Thank you!

katezinha82

Aug 30, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2013
Med's Done....
05-10-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2014
LANDED..........
31-08-2014
QuebecOkie said:
The visitor extension is *almost* refreshing after the PR app, it's so easy, haha! We did have to submit documentation to show how I would support myself here as a visitor. We just sent one of my husband' spay stubs with year-to-date earnings and said he would continue to support me.
So I assume that my confirmation letter of employment will do the trick? I started working a month ago.

katezinha82

Aug 30, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2013
Med's Done....
05-10-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2014
LANDED..........
31-08-2014
Can anyone help with the questions I asked above regarding the extension of visitor visa for my British husband? We need to send that fairly soon, as the current "stamp" in his passport is only valid for another 6 weeks.

Thanks!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
katezinha82 said:
Hi!

No, we have received the CSQ about a month ago now. We are waiting for his PR.

However, his "return" to the UK is planned for May, which we want to avoid. So we want to apply for an extension of his stay until he gets his PR.

About this, we have a few question reharding the the application, using the form IMM 5708 "Application to change conditions, extend my stay or remain in Canada as a visitor or temporary resident permit holder.

1) Question 3: "I am applying for one or more of the following": *Extension of my temporary resident status, *Initial temporary resident permit or extension of a temporary resident permit, * Restoration of temporary resident status as a visitor. Which one do we check? He is a visitor in Canada, with only a stamp in his passport.

2) In the COMING TO CANADA section, question 2: "The original purpose for coming to Canada": I assume we select "other" and we write application for PR, right?

3) In the DETAILS OF VISIT TO CANADA": Question 1: "Purpose of my visit", do we write the same as in the question above?

4) Same section, question 2: "Indicate how long you plan to stay", what do we write? The "from" date using today's date (application for extension date)? And what about the "to" date?

Thank you!
1 - extension of a temporary resident status should be the one.
2 - yes, correct. You can put something like " applied for PR, waiting out the process in Canada together with my spouse".
3 - yes - you can elaborate a little, but also - make sure you include the proofs that you have applied for PR (copy of sponsorship letter for example)
4 - you can ask for another 6 months - or more. London is currently listed as 11 months, so you can put 12 months, and put a note explaining that you would like that extension to cover the possible waiting time for London to process the PR. Others have successfully done that, and you won't have to renew it another time ( but if you only get 6 months, then you can apply for another extension).

Make sure that you include financial proofs to show that you can support your husband while he waits unemployed in Canada :)
Sweden

katezinha82

Aug 30, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2013
Med's Done....
05-10-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2014
LANDED..........
31-08-2014
Sweden said:
2 - yes, correct. You can put something like " applied for PR, waiting out the process in Canada together with my spouse".
3 - yes - you can elaborate a little, but also - make sure you include the proofs that you have applied for PR (copy of sponsorship letter for example)
4 - you can ask for another 6 months - or more. London is currently listed as 11 months, so you can put 12 months, and put a note explaining that you would like that extension to cover the possible waiting time for London to process the PR. Others have successfully done that, and you won't have to renew it another time ( but if you only get 6 months, then you can apply for another extension).

Make sure that you include financial proofs to show that you can support your husband while he waits unemployed in Canada :)
Sweden
Thank you!

We are applying today... So fingers crossed!

katezinha82

Aug 30, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2013
Med's Done....
05-10-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2014
LANDED..........
31-08-2014
Sweden said:

Sweden
We are having some problems with applying online. We keep being asked whether we have filled the questionnaire to find out whether we are eligible to apply. We have done it, but we didn't get a number. All we get is another section to fill in which they ask her for Client ID, which we don't have. All we have is a UCI number, which is linked to our family class immigration, and is there under my name, since I am his wife/sponsor. Is this normal? All we want to do is apply online to extend his visitor "visa".