+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving back Canada, Child Tax Benefits

Nizampak

Dec 22, 2017
Hi All,

My wife had registered for child tax benefits for both of our children through 4 in 1 newborn bundle in Feb'14 and Sept'15. However, she had never filled any more forms for the Child Tax Benefits and never received them as she came back to Pakistan as I was employed here.

My PR was approved and I have received my PRC in 2016. We are now planning to move to Canada in March'18 after winding-up from Pakistan. Both of us have never filled any tax forms in Canada .

In this situation, I would like to know:

1. The process of registration for Child Tax Benefit.
2. When will we receive the payments if we register in March'18
3. The amount we will receive
4. Will the children receive the payment when they were not in Canada.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why don't you just phone Canada Revenue Agency for that information? The amount you would be receiving in March depends how much you earn previously.

Nizampak

Dec 22, 2017
Why don't you just phone Canada Revenue Agency for that information? The amount you would be receiving in March depends how much you earn previously.
We are currently in Pakistan, that why i thought i could get help from here

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi All,

My wife had registered for child tax benefits for both of our children through 4 in 1 newborn bundle in Feb'14 and Sept'15. However, she had never filled any more forms for the Child Tax Benefits and never received them as she came back to Pakistan as I was employed here.

My PR was approved and I have received my PRC in 2016. We are now planning to move to Canada in March'18 after winding-up from Pakistan. Both of us have never filled any tax forms in Canada .

In this situation, I would like to know:

1. The process of registration for Child Tax Benefit.
2. When will we receive the payments if we register in March'18
3. The amount we will receive
4. Will the children receive the payment when they were not in Canada.
1. Easily found by Googling.

2. Generally takes at least a few months.

3. Again, Google.

4. No.

What dates did your wife actually reside in Canada?

Last edited: