+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving and maybe renewing PR during pandemic

analyst123

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
My friend is in Quebec. He is going to receive a job offer in Alberta and is considering moving. He also is considering applying for PR renewal almost at the sametime.

Possibility 1
Since all his employment docs etc is from Quebec, will moving to Alberta and subsequently within a few weeks applying (from Alberta) for PR renewal cause non routine processing ? (PRCC Sydney Client Service Unit or local office) . I know no one can predict secondary but still thought I will ask.

Possibility 2
He applies in Quebec first and then relocates to Alberta. If non routine processing happens in Quebec, can the file be transferred to Alberta local office ? Any complications ? I have not read on any file transferring but thought I should ask.

Other possibilities
Can the forum members tell me about other possibilities. Any bad experience at the Quebec local IRCC office (bad google reviews ?)

@dpenabill was wondering if you can please give your expertise.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you see dpenabill called himself not an expert under the signature?

analyst123

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
@steaky I noticed after you pointed it out .Can you please reply since you are an expert and your signature does not state contrary ;)

@devnill I am not sure I follow. I not asking anything will be a problem (showstopper). I am merely asking how burdensome the path will be for both possibilities.