Moving After Submitting Application for Citizenship

TheHaiderRaja

Star Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
hi everyone,

I will be applying for citizenship next month and I currently live in downtown Toronto. I will need to relocate in the next 6 to 12 months but the location is undecided; it would likely be Toronto or another city in the GTHA, such as Hamilton, but could also be a different province. I am not concerned about travelling for the test or other purposes if needed.

Will changing my address have an impact on the processing time of my application?
Does IRCC send any mail during the citizenship process? If not, do I really need to change my address?

Any advice appreciated,
Thanks!

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
hi everyone,

I will be applying for citizenship next month and I currently live in downtown Toronto. I will need to relocate in the next 6 to 12 months but the location is undecided; it would likely be Toronto or another city in the GTHA, such as Hamilton, but could also be a different province. I am not concerned about travelling for the test or other purposes if needed.

Will changing my address have an impact on the processing time of my application?
Does IRCC send any mail during the citizenship process? If not, do I really need to change my address?

Any advice appreciated,
Thanks!
Hi Raja Jee,

One thing is sure that you need to keep your address updated with IRCC. Usually after AOR they send the file to the nearest office of your current location. In case you move somewhere else during the process then most probably IRCC will transfer the file to next office near to your location which may add some more time. Having said that I believe if you move after 6 or 12 months then most probably your file will be on the last stage of processing (Considering 12 Months) so that may not require transfer.

Thanks

Reactions: TheHaiderRaja