+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving after landing

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am a Canadian citizen and I plan on sponsoring my spouse outland while we both reside outside of Canada. Upon PR approval we plan on moving to Ontario. What would need to be done (if anything) in order for us to be able to move to Quebec say due to an outstanding job offer after my spouse has landed?

Thanks

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Huron said:
I am a Canadian citizen and I plan on sponsoring my spouse outland while we both reside outside of Canada. Upon PR approval we plan on moving to Ontario. What would need to be done (if anything) in order for us to be able to move to Quebec say due to an outstanding job offer after my spouse has landed?

Thanks
After landing, nothing needs to be done for you to move (since this is a family class application). Before landing would require a CSQ from Quebec.

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks rjessome, I have been looking on line at job possibilities and what not and although we are planning on living in Ontario there is a possibility that I may get a better job in Quebec. I was not sure if we would need a CSQ or another application process in order to move.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Huron said:
thanks rjessome, I have been looking on line at job possibilities and what not and although we are planning on living in Ontario there is a possibility that I may get a better job in Quebec. I was not sure if we would need a CSQ or another application process in order to move.
You're welcome. Just make sure that if you plan to move to Quebec right after you land but have not gotten a CSQ, that you provide CBSA with an address NOT in Quebec to send the PR card. If you give them a Quebec address, they will look for the CSQ. Also, since you are outside of Canada, if you do get a good job offer in Quebec and plan to settle there and you KNOW this before you land, you can always get the CSQ. It costs a little bit and takes about a month to 6 weeks but it's not that big of deal nor is it difficult to get. It's better to be honest.

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rjessome said:
Also, since you are outside of Canada, if you do get a good job offer in Quebec and plan to settle there and you KNOW this before you land, you can always get the CSQ. It costs a little bit and takes about a month to 6 weeks but it's not that big of deal nor is it difficult to get. It's better to be honest.
I completely agree and would of course get the CSQ if I know we will be settling there before the PR visa is issued.

nylalisa

Jan 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2010
Doc's Request.
31-01-2011 (additional doc request)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
06-01-2011
Med's Request
30-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-10-2010
Interview........
30-03-2011 (Passed and approved same day)
Passport Req..
01-25-2011
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2011 (Received 09-04-2011)
LANDED..........
13-04-2011
Word of advise, if you know you are going to move to Quebec before your PR is issued, and you haven't gotten the CSQ then you will delay your landing until they get a CSQ. I have seen this done. So if you are very close to being done with having your application approved, I would definetely wait until you land, then switch your address over to a Quebec one. Moving to Quebec at the last second will delay your application by many months as CIC will have to wait for CSQ approval prior to issuing you the visa. Also you would not notify CBSA of your address, you would notify Immigration. They are two different departments that happen to work together.