+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving after landing

fawn

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Will it be a problem if after you landed, you move?
For example, when you applied, you're in Edmonton, But then after landing, you move and go to Calgary.
How will you receive your PR card then, you're changing address?
Will it be questionable since on the application, there it is stated where you want to stay after PR, and you state Edmonton and yet you move?

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
fawn said:
Will it be a problem if after you landed, you move?
For example, when you applied, you're in Edmonton, But then after landing, you move and go to Calgary.
How will you receive your PR card then, you're changing address?
Will it be questionable since on the application, there it is stated where you want to stay after PR, and you state Edmonton and yet you move?
Unless you were nominated Provincially, you are free to move anywhere in the 9,093,510.0 sq. km in Canada. As far as address is concerned, had I been at your place, I would have collected the card in Edmonton and then move to Calgary or else give my friend's stable address of Edmonton at the very first place.

The destination written on COPR was your choice when you created the application. It doesn't matter if you land there or elsewhere. Once you have your visa, you are a free bird!

sukhjinder27

Aug 31, 2015
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey anuj firstly many many congratulations for your PR .
i am facing some problem . i really appreciate if you halp me .

i got ITA on 8th sept , and am about to submit my application . could you please send me a snapshot of Net worth letter / evaluation letter from C. A.
or any such format for this type of letter.
thanks

Camaro

Star Member
May 6, 2015
You could also use mail forward option from Canada post

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/products/details.page?article=forward_your_mail_wh