+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

moved to other province

Ayan18

Jun 29, 2018
Hi guys
Can any one advice me on this

Recently I received student visa to Alberta to continue my postgrad studies, and also I received the nomination under NSPNP program from Nova Scotia few days ago ( currently waiting for ITA). My plan is to go Alberta on this September and come back to NS after 2 years. Is it possible to get PR under this situation ?
Please guide me on this

Ezenria80

Jan 21, 2018
Hi! May I ask a question and any answer would be very appreciated.

I am a Nominee of Manitoba province.I got my permanent residency last November 22, 2018. My family are still outside Canada. They have a ticket this coming December 28, 2018. I got a job offer from saskatchewan, i is a very good offer and they want me to work right away.

The question is: someone has told me that my family’s landing in Vancouver might be a problem or be dis approved for they would land in other province except Manitoba. Is this true? What should I do with regards to this? Thank you!

abdulqayyum

Dec 22, 2013
Hi! May I ask a question and any answer would be very appreciated.

I am a Nominee of Manitoba province.I got my permanent residency last November 22, 2018. My family are still outside Canada. They have a ticket this coming December 28, 2018. I got a job offer from saskatchewan, i is a very good offer and they want me to work right away.

The question is: someone has told me that my family’s landing in Vancouver might be a problem or be dis approved for they would land in other province except Manitoba. Is this true? What should I do with regards to this? Thank you!
Hi,
we came SK via Toronoto, we arrived in ontraio/toronto and had a transit flight to SK.
Similary i think your family last destination would be Manitoba (via BC), so it's better to receive your family at manitoba airport, get their health cards from same province who nominated then let your family come to you in SK.

But still you need do a research on how manitoba is strict if someone relocates right after nomination. i sent email to SK for the permission to re-locate but their answer was bit strict and that doesn't allow openly. however over the forums i did a research and so far no case is noticed, except a recent happening in newfound land province, you may go thru it at below link. and update me as well with your research.

Here is one news in media today for your review.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/machel-rayner-immigration-1.4933401

S3ns0r

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-08-2016
Doc's Request.
20-01-2017, 26-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
31-07-2018
Med's Request
07-11-2017 ; 21-12-2018
Med's Done....
15-11-2017 ; 03-01-2019
Interview........
21-02-2019
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2019
LANDED..........
inland applicant
As a Permanent Resident of Canada you may work and live in any province, however, an individual is nominated to the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program based on their intent to settle permanently in Saskatchewan. Should a Nominee not be living and working in Saskatchewan the SINP reserves the right to follow up to assess whether the Nominee has misrepresented their intent. The SINP can revoke a nomination to our program and advise Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) of the revocation. Any final decisions are in the hands of IRCC.

For more information on Permanent Residency rights, please visit IRCC’s website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/about-pr.asp
this must be applied to people who is in the process of obtaining PR isn't? Because otherwise, it doesn't make sense they are violating the Charter of Rights and Freedoms https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_6_of_the_Canadian_Charter_of_Rights_and_Freedoms

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
What I don't understand is if the guy from Newfoundland was a PNP, why didn't he have PR after 8 years? I thought with PNP, you get nominated and then apply for PR on the back of it.

As for the OP, I think leaving after a month when getting PR from being nominated looks very very bad, but if they have PR whats to stop them. I know for PNP, you sign something saying you want to live in the nominated Province, but is there a rule (after you receive PR) saying you have to stay there for a certain amount of time. I can't think of one. Maybe somebody else could jump in. Morally, it looks like they got PR, through the scheme fraudulently, as they wouldn't have got PR without the nomination. Just my two cents.

abdulqayyum

Dec 22, 2013
What I don't understand is if the guy from Newfoundland was a PNP, why didn't he have PR after 8 years? I thought with PNP, you get nominated and then apply for PR on the back of it.

As for the OP, I think leaving after a month when getting PR from being nominated looks very very bad, but if they have PR whats to stop them. I know for PNP, you sign something saying you want to live in the nominated Province, but is there a rule (after you receive PR) saying you have to stay there for a certain amount of time. I can't think of one. Maybe somebody else could jump in. Morally, it looks like they got PR, through the scheme fraudulently, as they wouldn't have got PR without the nomination. Just my two cents.
i also couldn't understand from this CBC news whether the guy had PR on was in the the process of PR, PNP is one of the processes to obtain the PR through some province, there is one document we sign a form which states that applicant has intent to live and work in province.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I just watched it on the news (as I am in Newfoundland). He didn't have PR yet (which I still don't understand). Anyway apparently local politicians are on his case now and trying to overturn his refusal.

abdulqayyum

Dec 22, 2013
I just watched it on the news (as I am in Newfoundland). He didn't have PR yet (which I still don't understand). Anyway apparently local politicians are on his case now and trying to overturn his refusal.
good news ... May he continue his stay..

S3ns0r

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-08-2016
Doc's Request.
20-01-2017, 26-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
31-07-2018
Med's Request
07-11-2017 ; 21-12-2018
Med's Done....
15-11-2017 ; 03-01-2019
Interview........
21-02-2019
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2019
LANDED..........
inland applicant
Guys he got his work permit extended plus he didn't land before he could land he was denied pr since he was going to work in Halifax this happened at the border he must have told the officers that he was going to work in Halifax and they denied him here read the update in his case.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/machel-rayner-immigration-1.4933401
this makes a lot of sense now, too bad for the guy but people need to know what they are doing

saayn

Jan 7, 2019
hi
Hi,
we came SK via Toronoto, we arrived in ontraio/toronto and had a transit flight to SK.
Similary i think your family last destination would be Manitoba (via BC), so it's better to receive your family at manitoba airport, get their health cards from same province who nominated then let your family come to you in SK.

But still you need do a research on how manitoba is strict if someone relocates right after nomination. i sent email to SK for the permission to re-locate but their answer was bit strict and that doesn't allow openly. however over the forums i did a research and so far no case is noticed, except a recent happening in newfound land province, you may go thru it at below link. and update me as well with your research.

AOA Abdul Qayyum, can i get your number, i have got PR from SK in 2017 and i stayed there for approx 3 months but didnt find a single job even odd jobs require references, right now i am in pakistan but planning to come this year in early summers and in a fix to come to SK or any other province where there are Telecom related jobs are available as i am Telco guy

Kamalk519

Jul 3, 2019
Can I study first year in Sasketchwan and in second year in Alberta ?
In 2 programs as well I’ll get work permit for how many year after studying 2 year in different province

kemech211

Aug 19, 2019
Hi,

Hello Sir ,

I received nomination through SINP .
Hi guys,

As SINP, i have struggled for 06 months and ende up with no job so far, however as a telecom professional i noticed some scope in ontrario, started apply there, did alot of sicial networking, got a job offer, accepted. Now i am wondering moving out of province may create some issue with PR status or hindrance with citizenship.

I sent same inquiry in detail length to SINP, they replied that it would be considered mis-representation and they will revoke my nomination, will send the request to IRCC to cancel the Pr.

Now i am left to find some od job in Regina and have no growth for long time, by 03 years i will have long gap in my professional job which might be troublesome in finding a job even after 03 years :(

any advise.

Regards,

Hello Sir ,

Could you please spent some time and guide me ? I received nomination through SINP and Currently I am working in US . My plant is to probably continue my current job in Canada or I might be able to find new job either in BC or ON ( I am looking job market in SK and does not look good for me ). However , I have question for you . What was outcome in your case ? Did you moved out or you stayed there ? I will try to find a job in SK for couple of months if not then I will have to move . Any experience if you share that would be great.

Again Thank you for your time .

Regards,

Richard John

Feb 29, 2024
Hi everyone!

I just want to ask if there's any law that you need to stay for 2 years on the province where you became Permanent resident before you move to another province|? I got my Permanent Residency in Alberta but i moved to Ontario just 5 months of staying in Alberta, and some said that i need to stay in Alberta for 2 years so i won't get deported back..

I need advice please. Thank you in advance

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
As a Permanent Resident of Canada you may work and live in any province, however, an individual is nominated to the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program based on their intent to settle permanently in Saskatchewan. Should a Nominee not be living and working in Saskatchewan the SINP reserves the right to follow up to assess whether the Nominee has misrepresented their intent. The SINP can revoke a nomination to our program and advise Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) of the revocation. Any final decisions are in the hands of IRCC.

For more information on Permanent Residency rights, please visit IRCC’s website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/about-pr.asp
We got our nomination from Ontario and we have applied for non express entry PR. I am the nominee and she is my dependent. She she has got a job offer from Nova Scotia. She has to work for 2 days from the office and the rest can be remote. Now we are uncertain what to do in this case since this is her first opportunity in a year for which she got an offer for. Kindly advise