+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moved to India after applying for my PR in CEC, should I change the address?

roops.rj

Aug 21, 2014
Hi everyone,

I applied for my PR in the month of May under the CEC category (one year of work experience in Canada)

After applying I had to move back to my country and got married. I have received the confirmation email that my application has been recieved by CIC. Can anyone please help me with two questions:

1. Should I change the address I had given on my application to my address in India. Or should I leave the address to what is mentioned on the application?

2. Should I consider adding the documents of my spouse to the application or should I wait for my PR first and then add his documents to my profile if that involves a risk provided I am here in India?

Thanks,
Roopali

lalithaditya215

Star Member
Nov 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2013
AOR Received.
Jan-07-2014
Med's Request
May-29-2014
Med's Done....
June-29-2014
Passport Req..
July-17-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep-02-20114
1. Change the address it will not affect your timelines.
2. Add your spouse now.it might affect your time lines(shouldn't be much time), but doing it now is better; otherwise your spouse cannot come to Canada with you. Most of the times he wont get dependent visa as well(once you became PR your spouse might not get dependent visa he should apply for PR to join you.).

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
roops.rj said:
Hi everyone,

I applied for my PR in the month of May under the CEC category (one year of work experience in Canada)

After applying I had to move back to my country and got married. I have received the confirmation email that my application has been recieved by CIC. Can anyone please help me with two questions:

1. Should I change the address I had given on my application to my address in India. Or should I leave the address to what is mentioned on the application? Update them with your new address.

2. Should I consider adding the documents of my spouse to the application or should I wait for my PR first and then add his documents to my profile if that involves a risk provided I am here in India? You have to inform CIC about your marriage and add spouse as dependant in your file. Other wise it will be consider misrepresentation, and they can revoke your PR while doing landing procedure. I know this because I read a case same like you, he didnt declare that he got married after applying for PR, and at the time of Landing he PR was revoked, COPR was taken away by CBSA officer and was told to wait to get a reply from CIC.

Hope this helps
Thanks,
Roopali

roops.rj

Aug 21, 2014
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I wrote to cic about my address change, received an autoreply on that email. I am not too sure if they updated my address. Should I expect another email from their side asking for any additional documents.

Thanks,
Roopali

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
roops.rj said:
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I wrote to cic about my address change, received an autoreply on that email. I am not too sure if they updated my address. Should I expect another email from their side asking for any additional documents.

Thanks,
Roopali
That's all you are done with your part, give them some time to update your info.. If they need additional documents they will email you.

kkrr

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
roops.rj said:
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks,
Roopali
You will get it within 4 days..

sanjayit81

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
AOR Received.
20-08-2014
Med's Request
05-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Passport Req..
22-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-06-2015
roops.rj said:
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks,
Roopali
Hi,

Can you please help me to get the email id where you sent address update request.

Actually, I also moved back to my home country after applying under CEC, my CC was charged and Ecas showing as In-process but did not get any email for AOR. I sent email to "CIO-Sydney-Search-Enquiry@cic.gc.ca" around 45 days ago but no reply yet.

So just thinking by sending address update request, I might get some reply from CIC.

Thank you

latanaiduV

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2014
Doc's Request.
28-07-2014
AOR Received.
20-02-2014
Med's Request
9-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
23-Oct-2014
LANDED..........
18-May-2015
sanjayit81 said:
Hi,

Can you please help me to get the email id where you sent address update request.

Actually, I also moved back to my home country after applying under CEC, my CC was charged and Ecas showing as In-process but did not get any email for AOR. I sent email to "CIO-Sydney-Search-Enquiry @ cic.gc.ca" around 45 days ago but no reply yet.

So just thinking by sending address update request, I might get some reply from CIC.

Thank you
You need to wait for AOR to ask for any change. And you need to quote ur application number given in AOR, UCI in your further communications to CIC. "CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca" is the email Id(assuming you've applied within canada) to request for address change. please remove quotes and spaces in the email id. CIC might not reply but the same is reflected in ecas

Thanks

roops.rj

Aug 21, 2014
Hi,

Thanks to you all for the reply.

They had asked me:

"If additional documents are required, you will be provided an address to forward required documents. Please inform the Centralized Intake Office by e-mail at CIO-Sydney-Search-Enquiry@cic.gc.ca of any status changes in your application (birth or adoption of a child, marriage or common-law relationship, new occupation or employer, change of address, change of e-mail address, change of immigration representative, etc). Please include a letter identifying what the changes are and any relevant supporting documents. If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a copy of the originals."

I wrote an email to "CIO-Sydney-Search-Enquiry@cic.gc.ca" with my UCI number and application number about the same. I got an auto reply on the same email.

Hope that is ok, just checked on the website. It shows in progress but shows the same old address.

Kindly advice.

Thanks,
Roopali

roops.rj

Aug 21, 2014
There is also an online system at ECAS where the address can be updated but as far as I understand it is only for people who have moved within Canada.

Should I update my address here or wait to hear back from them. It says they generally update the address within 45 days and my 45 days will be over soon but they also advice to write to them on email only once about one query. Kindly advice?

Thanks,
Roopali

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
you can check your status here (eCAS) -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp

But you shouldn't update your address here - visa office information gets updated on ecas, but not the other way around...

Go here for information on changing your address...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp#canada