+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moved out of country of work permit application

canada&back

Dec 20, 2018
Hello all,
My fiancee applied for her LMIA-exempt work permit from Germany as she was studying there. The visa office processed her application and requested submission of her passport. However, since she was going to leave Germany within a few days after the request for passport, she decided to hold on to it. She's now in India for personal reasons and won't be returning to Germany as she's completed her studies. To allow her passport to be stamped in India, she's written to both the German and Indian offices so as to transfer the application from Germany to India. No replies as of yet from them, and they say that it takes 28 days for them to send out one. Does it make sense to proceed with another work permit application from India, or should she wait? Anybody else been in the same situation?
Thanks!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello all,
My fiancee applied for her LMIA-exempt work permit from Germany as she was studying there. The visa office processed her application and requested submission of her passport. However, since she was going to leave Germany within a few days after the request for passport, she decided to hold on to it. She's now in India for personal reasons and won't be returning to Germany as she's completed her studies. To allow her passport to be stamped in India, she's written to both the German and Indian offices so as to transfer the application from Germany to India. No replies as of yet from them, and they say that it takes 28 days for them to send out one. Does it make sense to proceed with another work permit application from India, or should she wait? Anybody else been in the same situation?
Thanks!
It is not necessary to transfer her application to India. She only needs to confirm that she can submit her passport for stamping in India.

No need to submit another work permit application

canada&back

Dec 20, 2018
Hi @Bryanna,
Thanks for replying. It's very helpful! Basically the visa office, either Germany/India should provide that approval - right? And we need to wait until they send us their reply, or is there any other way we could reach them apart from the web form?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi @Bryanna,
Thanks for replying. It's very helpful! Basically the visa office, either Germany/India should provide that approval - right? And we need to wait until they send us their reply, or is there any other way we could reach them apart from the web form?
Emailing both offices would be a better idea

canada&back

Dec 20, 2018
I see. The email address that's provided on the CIC website. Also, there's one point that I forgot to mention - it's already been 30 days since the request of passport and there has been no message from the visa office's end about terminating the application or anything. Could this 30 day rule be a more flexible one or are they more stringent. You may not know all the answers @Bryanna but I appreciate the time you're taking in providing these suggestions.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I see. The email address that's provided on the CIC website. Also, there's one point that I forgot to mention - it's already been 30 days since the request of passport and there has been no message from the visa office's end about terminating the application or anything. Could this 30 day rule be a more flexible one or are they more stringent. You may not know all the answers @Bryanna but I appreciate the time you're taking in providing these suggestions.
The 30 days passport submission request is not flexible. Nonetheless, you can email these visa offices and reference the previous emails. They might consider her request for the late submission