+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moved out of canada after filing application - need advise!

cgupta123

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
Hello Friends,
I filed an for permanent residence in Canada under the Canadian Experience Class on Feb 17, 2014 and received a reply from Centralized-Intake-Office in march regarding the acceptance of my application and the fact that my application will be forwarded to visa office for further processing.

Unfortunately, I had to relocate to United State of America for work immediately after filing my application since my job position was moved back to USA.
I had applied my PR application and an application from 'within Canada' but since I moved to USA, could this affect the processing of my application?
If yes, please advise if I should withdraw my current application and reapply for a new one?
Please guide me as I do not want to jeopardize my application due to this.
Thanks,
CnX

Hichaman

Mar 12, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
2**2
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2014
AOR Received.
03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
03-2014
Med's Request
04-2015
Med's Done....
04-2015
Interview........
Waived Alhamdolilah
Passport Req..
06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-2015
LANDED..........
08-2015 :)
No man It will not affect your application, I'm Feb 2014 applicant as well, we should start hearing MRs soon, Cheers

Omshri

Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
AOR Received.
November 14, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
April 6, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront, March 29, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 28, 2014
LANDED..........
August 3, 2014
cgupta123 said:
Hello Friends,
I filed an for permanent residence in Canada under the Canadian Experience Class on Feb 17, 2014 and received a reply from Centralized-Intake-Office in march regarding the acceptance of my application and the fact that my application will be forwarded to visa office for further processing.

Unfortunately, I had to relocate to United State of America for work immediately after filing my application since my job position was moved back to USA.
I had applied my PR application and an application from 'within Canada' but since I moved to USA, could this affect the processing of my application?
If yes, please advise if I should withdraw my current application and reapply for a new one?
Please guide me as I do not want to jeopardize my application due to this.
Thanks,
CnX
Leaving from Canada does not affect your application. You can update your mailing address if you think so

kg_prince

Feb 17, 2010
Does it cause any delays if we move out of country ? Will the file be transferred to the country we are moving ? like in cgupta123 case will the file move to : US-CIC Office ?

cgupta123

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
Thanks everyone for your valuable insight. I had read in many posts that its very risky to leave and you may not be allowed back in at the time of landing interview. Hence the confusion. I still plan to write an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca and ask them if it would be ok or if I need to re-apply.
Has anyone successfully received a PR in a case such as mine?

cgupta123

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
Just to give a lil background:
I got a lil worried when I saw the below forum messages:

canada-city.ca/canada-immigration/posting.php?messageid=28244

canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/leaving-canada-while-pr-application-is-in-process-but-trv-has-expired-t139260.0.html

There are conflicting messages in various forums - hence the confusion.

sravi_12

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2013
AOR Received.
16-10-2013
Med's Request
17-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2014
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
No need to worry. I filed my application in August 2013 and moved to Unites States in November 2013. Got MR and PPR in March 2014. I landed successfully on Aug 1 2014. I hope this will give you some comfort.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
cgupta123 said:
Just to give a lil background:
I got a lil worried when I saw the below forum messages:

canada-city.ca/canada-immigration/posting.php?messageid=28244

canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/leaving-canada-while-pr-application-is-in-process-but-trv-has-expired-t139260.0.html

There are conflicting messages in various forums - hence the confusion.
You're mixing up two totally different applications i.e. Canadian Experience Class and Family Sponsorship inland application.

All the CEC applications are process in OTTAWA no matter from where you applied; if you applied in Canada and later reallocate this should not delay the process.

cgupta123

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
sravi_12 said:
No need to worry. I filed my application in August 2013 and moved to Unites States in November 2013. Got MR and PPR in March 2014. I landed successfully on Aug 1 2014. I hope this will give you some comfort.
Hi sravi,
Thank you for your kind comment. Yes, it does make me feel a little better.
I have a few questions for you and would appreciate your input:
1. Did you update the CIC with your USA address or did you manage to have access to your canadian mailing address? I do have access to my canadian mailing address so far since a friend is staying there so I can receive communication at that address.
2. If yes, did they send you a request for passport and MR to your USA address? Did they send you your PR Visa and COPR to your USA address?
3. Does CIC send all communication through email these days?

Thank you alijumani for your valuable input as well.
Regards,
CnX

sravi_12

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2013
AOR Received.
16-10-2013
Med's Request
17-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2014
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
Hi cgupta123,

1. I sent email to them to update my mailing address to USA address. after 5 days my USA address was reflected on ECAS web site
2. Now a days all communication is via emails including MR, RPRF and PPR. On all the emails they mention address. In all my emails it has USA address.
3. Medicals u can do in USA
4. When u get passport request (PPR) they give 2 options to send passport, one if u have address in Canada and one if you have address in USA. I just followed instructions of address having in USA
5. I sent passports via Fed ex and received via Canada Post. You have to purchase a shipping label from Canada Post web site and include along with your passports. They will use that shipping label to send passports back to USA address. All these instructions will be mentioned in your PPR email. You just follow them.
6. Its up to you to change address. I recommend to change address so that you can send and receive ur passports instead of someone sending from Canada. Please note they will send passports only to address which is on file. If you have not updated address then they will send passports to Canada address that too via general mail

cgupta123

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
Thank you Sravi for the clear and detailed reply. I am sure along with me, everyone on this forum appreciates it highly. I have updated my address through the email contact form. Hoping to see it updated online within a week or so. I will send them an email if I do not see an update.
CnX

cgupta123

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
Hi Sravi,
I had filled the address update form with my USA address but it did not update my address. My bad - I shud have emailed them but I did not know which address to email to - and today I received a medical request with my old Canada address.
Now, I am in a fix - should I email them and let them know about my new address and I am wondering if it will confuse CIC as my medical form has the old address?
Please advise.
Also, can you please share the email address to which you sent the email for updating the address?
Many thanks,
CnX

halifax_ns

Mar 22, 2015
Hello cgupta123,

I'm just wondering how's your application process going? I just moved back to my home country as well. I sent an update through the online form to tell them my address has changed and gave them new address of my home country. Haven't received a reply from them, and it's been 3 weeks. The online status still says my previous Canadian address. Should I wait? or send them a letter by mail of my new address?
Thanks in advance for any information.

Astro.CA

Jan 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
16-07-2014
Med's Request
22-01-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2015
Passport Req..
09-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2016
LANDED..........
31-03-2016
halifax_ns said:
Hello cgupta123,

I'm just wondering how's your application process going? I just moved back to my home country as well. I sent an update through the online form to tell them my address has changed and gave them new address of my home country. Haven't received a reply from them, and it's been 3 weeks. The online status still says my previous Canadian address. Should I wait? or send them a letter by mail of my new address?
Thanks in advance for any information.
Address update via email should be fine, thats what I did and ECAS was updated about 3/4 weeks later.