+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Move to canada in age 44

Carollina

May 25, 2022
Hi,
May i know if anyone here has ever applied in age of 44 years old? My husband is a lecture with master degree with more than 10 years of experiences. This makes me down because why we didnt realise it before to move in a younger age

Maybe anyone in here with the same experience can let me know some clues, is it still possible for us to move there?
Could you give us some hints to add more points?
We dont have any siblings in canada only my sister had a sister in law who married with a canadian and already settled there.

Is it possible to find a job offer first or....

Any advice?
Thank you so much

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
May i know if anyone here has ever applied in age of 44 years old? My husband is a lecture with master degree with more than 10 years of experiences. This makes me down because why we didnt realise it before to move in a younger age

Maybe anyone in here with the same experience can let me know some clues, is it still possible for us to move there?
Could you give us some hints to add more points?
We dont have any siblings in canada only my sister had a sister in law who married with a canadian and already settled there.

Is it possible to find a job offer first or....

Any advice?
Thank you so much
Are you eligible for Express Entry with 67 points based on age, education ,work experience and language? Have you completed ECAs for Education and IELTs for language as those are mandatory requirements to submit a profile. Getting an invited over 44 is a challenge because you don’t get points for age. To add points, you can learn French but don’t know if that would be enough. If eligible you want a CRS score of about 480, which I don’t think you will have.

A job offer must come with a LMIA from the employer. The LMIA proves that no Canadian or PR could dod the job, only you. Then you apply for a closed work permit. Few employers pay $1k and go through the process.