+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Move out of Quebec for EE

mattlopez12

Aug 27, 2018
Hello everyone,

The following information was given to me by an immigration lawyer, however I wanted to check first. I've lived in QC for 5 years, studied (with a student permit for 3 years) and currently working (with a post-graduation work permit). I want to pursue the PR and the lawyer told me that I have the option to move out of QC, keep working remotely and apply for Express Entry after doing the English test. Apparently my points are good as per the last pool. This would improve drastically the processing time if I did it via QC with the CSQ. My french is not that good by the way. Also, there are some variables such as my employer helping me out and passing the English exam. I'm just a little worried that at the moment of the decision they determine that my intention would be to come back to Quebec.

Any tips on how to really demonstrate I'd be staying out of QC? Is this a risky option?

If someone can give me any advice would be greatly appreciated.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. you do not need an English test, you need English or French test (both languages are equal). But if you take both you can get more points for 2 languages.
2. Honestly as nice as it sounds on paper keeping especially Quebec work contract might backfire (they will deem your intentions as not genuine). You would need to be relocated to their subsidiary outside Quebec with a contract from different province and then you can risk it.
3. Nope CSQ for people that have job offer in Quebec and speak some French is much easier and faster (I have heard about 6 months maybe even less). And the moment you manage to send out your federal part of your application and get at least AOR, you can ask for bridge over permit just like anybody else.
Up to you what is lesser hassle for you.

ssltml

Nov 3, 2019
I have the same situation with you. Before pandemic became severe, I quitted my job in QC and prepared to move out. But due to pandemic I postponed this plan; I submitted my appication with a intent to live in Ontario saying i will move when pandemic gets better. Now I am still in QC and will go to ON next month, then I will update my address to inform IRCC that I live in ON. Hope my case can give you a clue.

Fayce87

Jun 30, 2019
I have the same situation with you. Before pandemic became severe, I quitted my job in QC and prepared to move out. But due to pandemic I postponed this plan; I submitted my appication with a intent to live in Ontario saying i will move when pandemic gets better. Now I am still in QC and will go to ON next month, then I will update my address to inform IRCC that I live in ON. Hope my case can give you a clue.
Have u been granted PR ?