+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Move from USA to Canada

joe_ziz

Mar 19, 2017
USA
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
I received PPR yesterday and I am planning to move from the current country of residence (USA) to Canada. I am not a US citizen or green card holder.

I am planning to make my move in a month or so. I am sure many in this forum has made this kind of move and can help me answer following questions:

1. Is it better to fly or drive into Canada? If I am leaving the US then I might loose visa status in the country and cannot come back to the US. I am concerned, if something happens at the land border, what should I be doing?

2. Do we have a checklist of all 'things to do' before we enter Canada?

Please feel free to join this thread so that we can all share information.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
You could land however it is convenient to you. To avoid the 'sent back' scenario, do a soft landing by road, become pr and then do a permanent landing. If you don't have visa stamping, you could use automatic visa revalidation and use your i797 to go out, come back with same i94.

Reactions: babilon and joe_ziz

joe_ziz

Mar 19, 2017
USA
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
You could land however it is convenient to you. To avoid the 'sent back' scenario, do a soft landing by road, become pr and then do a permanent landing. If you don't have visa stamping, you could use automatic visa revalidation and use your i797 to go out, come back with same i94.
thanks. I did not know about automatic visa revalidation.