+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MOU between ICAI & CPA Canada

YshK21

Mar 29, 2015
Dear All,

I am a qualified Chartered Accountant from India (Member of The Institute Of Chartered Accountants of India). With regards to the MOU between ICAI and CPA Canada I have the following queries :-

1. When is the last day to register for the Decmber'15 exam?

2.Can I give this exam from Toronto Canada?

3.. Can I give Capstone Module 1, 2 and CFE exam in one attempt?

4. Is my Indian experience (both articleship & post qualification) counted as relevant in order to get exemption from practical experience requirements.?

5. As I am a Member of ICAI, do I automatically qualify for exemption from practical experience requirements or do I need to fill an appropriate form to prove it?

If anybody has any answers to the above kindly advise.

Thank You.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
YshK21 said:
Dear All,

I am a qualified Chartered Accountant from India (Member of The Institute Of Chartered Accountants of India). With regards to the MOU between ICAI and CPA Canada I have the following queries :-

4. Is my Indian experience (both articleship & post qualification) counted as relevant in order to get exemption from practical experience requirements.?

5. As I am a Member of ICAI, do I automatically qualify for exemption from practical experience requirements or do I need to fill an appropriate form to prove it?

Thank You.
http://www.gocpaontario.ca/submit_transcript
nothing is automatic, all u have to claim

niagracalling

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2014
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b]New Delhi[/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=purple][b]1111[/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[color=purple][b]08-09-2014[/b][/color]
Doc's Request.
[color=purple][b]DD 24-11-2014[/b][/color]
Nomination.....
[color=purple][b]PER 16-12-2014[/b][/color]
IELTS Request
[color=purple][b]Sent[/b][/color]
File Transfer...
[color=purple][b]Started processing on 27-02-2015[/b][/color]
Med's Request
[color=purple][b]25-03-2015[/b][/color]
Med's Done....
[color=purple][b]28-03-2015 Third line update 08-04-2015[/b][/color]
Interview........
[color=purple][b]Skipped (Decision Made 14-05-2015)[/b][/color]
Passport Req..
[color=purple][b]13-05-2015[/b][/color]
VISA ISSUED...
[color=purple][b]21-05-2015[/b][/color][img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f126/pranav1981/canadianflag_zpsftrnold1.gif[/img]
LANDED..........
[img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f126/pranav1981/canstock14162064_zpsbfe36209.jpg[/img]
As a member of ICAI, if you hold a degree recognized by ICAI you may be eligible to apply under the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). If you wish to apply for the CPA Certification Program under the MOU please complete the student registration form found on this page and submit with a confirmation or Letter of Good Standing (LGS) from ICAI, resume and proof of legal name.

Please also review Regulation 6-1 – Student Registration

Individuals who register in the new CPA Certification Program under the “Member of an Accounting Body Outside Canada-Specified” category are required to complete the following in accordance with Regulation 6-1:

· Capstone 1 Module;

· Capstone 2 Module;

· The Common Final Examination (CFE); and

· 30 months of prescribed practical experience.

As a member of an accounting body outside of Canada, you would be eligible to request an exemption from the prescribed practical experience requirement. Students who successfully complete this program are awarded the CPA designation.

If you intend on applying for a Public Accounting Licence (PAL) upon admission to membership must successfully complete the elective modules in Taxation and Assurance.

If you are a member of ICAI, but you do not hold a degree recognized by ICAI you may be eligible to apply as a Member of an Accounting Body Outside Canada. Individuals who register in the new CPA Certification Program under the “Member of an Accounting Body Outside Canada” category are required to complete the following in accordance with Regulation 6-1:

· An acceptable course in Canadian business law;

· Capstone 1 Module;

· Capstone 2 Module;

· The Common Final Examination (CFE); and

· 30 months of prescribed practical experience.

As a member of an accounting body outside of Canada, you would be eligible to request an exemption from the Canadian business law course and/or the prescribed practical experience requirement. Students who successfully complete this program are awarded the CPA designation.

Again, if you intend on applying for a Public Accounting Licence (PAL) upon admission to membership must successfully complete the elective modules in Taxation and Assurance.

If you wish to apply for the CPA Certification Program as a Member of an Accounting Body Outside Canada please complete the student registration form found on this page and submit with a confirmation or Letter of Good Standing (LGS) from ICAI, resume and proof of legal name.

Please also review Regulation 6-1 – Student Registration

YshK21 said:
Thank you. Can u please help me with other questions as well?

smititrivedi

Nov 26, 2015
Hi

Can you please guide what is the current process i have recently immigrated to canada and few of them are asking me to start the whole new CPA and few are saying that i will get exemption.

Please update

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
smititrivedi said:
Hi

Can you please guide what is the current process i have recently immigrated to canada and few of them are asking me to start the whole new CPA and few are saying that i will get exemption.

Please update
if u r qualified CA CMA or CWA then u have to go different route for qualified people.

AgentC

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Hi Friends,

I am a qualified CA from ICAI with close to 3 years of professional experience (in addition to the Articleship/Industrial Training during CA). Can you please direct me to places where I can understand the process to get CPA (Canada) qualification.

I could get a brief idea that there is a MoU signed between ICAI and CICA which allows ICAI CA to become Canada CA by passing CFE exam. But, I couldn't find anything on how to become CPA Canada.

Many thanks in advance!!

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
AgentC said:
Hi Friends,

I am a qualified CA from ICAI with close to 3 years of professional experience (in addition to the Articleship/Industrial Training during CA). Can you please direct me to places where I can understand the process to get CPA (Canada) qualification.

I could get a brief idea that there is a MoU signed between ICAI and CICA which allows ICAI CA to become Canada CA by passing CFE exam. But, I couldn't find anything on how to become CPA Canada.

Many thanks in advance!!
visit Cpa Ontario ITP u will find it, but this is only for those who r already in Canada or have paper to land in Canada

mihirnaik23

Jan 22, 2017
I am a CA Final student. I have cleared group 1 but yet to clear gruop 2. Can you please guide me how to go about CPA in Ontario? I have completed my 3 years experience also. Thanks.

marora.1985

Jun 22, 2017
What's the process now for ICAI members to take up CPA Canada? Do any exemptions still hold true for members? Please suggest.

navdep Singh

Sep 27, 2018
Dear All,

Thank You.

Hello ,

Can you please reach me out on navdeepturna11@gmail.com