+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mother's Visitor Visa Rejected - Need Advise

ssharmin

Aug 21, 2013
Hello,

I am hoping someone with similar experience as well as more knowledge can provide some insight regarding my mother's visitor visa application.

Recently mother's application for a visitor's visa got rejected due to the following reasons:

A. I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated
purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure. (My mother showed proof of her properties, its valuation, bank statement noting several hundred thousands worth of investment and cash)
B.You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your / your host's income and assets. (Between my sister and I we are pulling in a salary of $105,000 annually)
C.You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident. (Again, proof of itinerary was provided)
D. Length of stay in Canada (applied for 3 months stay with along with an itinerary)
E. Purpose of visit is not genuine (just a summer vacation as she has no intention of staying in the winter)
F. Your travel history
G. Your family ties in Canada and home country (In Canada, there is my sister and I and in homeland her ties are with her siblings and nieces and nephews, my father passed away a few years ago)
H. Your status of employment
I. Answers provided are not truthful

A combined invitation letter from me (permanent resident) and my sister (graduate student) was submitted with the following documents from each of us:

1. Notice of Assessment
2. Employment Letter
3. Banking statement noting our worth in investment and savings account

CIC pretty much ticked every single reason that they can think of, unreasonable or not. Financial reasons make absolutely no sense. I am awaiting GCMS notes but I have feeling they are afraid my mother will over stay as she technically has no personal ties (children, spouse, parents, no job) nor has she traveled to North America before, a reason which seems to sway CIC's decision.

I am hoping to get advice on what would be the next best step to take.
- Should we re-apply for another visit visa?
- Or should I apply for a super visa instead? Reading through out the forum and else where, it seems super visa tends to have similar criteria and tend to get rejected every now and then.
- How can I can the next application stronger with proof of genuine intention?
- Would it be worth while to retain a lawyer for her application?

Thank you in advance and I really appreciate all the help I can get.

Regards,
Sarah

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
several hundred thousands worth of investment and cash)-
All of these are not “ties” VO looking for.

C.You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident. (Again, proof of itinerary was provided)
D. Length of stay in Canada (applied for 3 months stay with along with an itinerary)
Too long for the first trip. Ask for 4 weeks.

E. Purpose of visit is not genuine (just a summer vacation as she has no intention of staying in the winter)
– too long as I said above.
F. Your travel history
– none , I guess?
G. Your family ties in Canada and home country (In Canada, there is my sister and I and in homeland her ties are with her siblings and nieces and nephews, my father passed away a few years ago)-
Yes, that's a problem. Ask for a short visit.
H. Your status of employment
No such ties.
I. Answers provided are not truthful
– What do YOU think they meant?

- Would it be worth while to retain a lawyer for her application?
– No. But you could go and ask for some help (ideas)

Also think how you got your PR?
You see if there is some pattern then VO could be suspicious.
Like – your sister got her SP based on strong ties (you mom) in home country, then she got her PGWP and definitely going forward to PR in Canada and her “ties” do not prevent her. Quite the opposite- now “her ties” want to come to Canada too?

ssharmin

Aug 21, 2013
My sister received her student permit from UAE where we were all born and raised and therefore did not show ties to our home country where our citizenship/passport is from.

I received my PR via Canadian Experience Class. I also came to Canada as a student from the UAE, again which is not where my citizenship/passport is from.

As for CIC saying, my mother's application is not being truthful, I have already acknowledged the fact that they think she will overstay due to her weak ties in homeland. Therefore I asked advise on how I can make the application stronger prooving that she has no intention of staying longer than stated.

I would appreciate if you please read the post thoroughly. Thanks for your input.

twiggy

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Wait for the GCMS notes to see specifics and my recommendation is to apply for super Visa. (assuming you meet the LICO)

you don't need a lawyer in my opinion,and i believe you are right in saying the main reason might was due to lack of ties at home(which is not a big deal)

write a new invitation using the appropriate template, try and certify it (it helps), write a letter support (addressing the concerns in the GCMS notes )
write a letter for financial declaration and certify it if you can, include pay stubs, previous NOA, bank statement, your property docs if you have one and am sure you will be fine.

my wife parents applied the first time for visitors and got denied, applied again for visitor (but was processed as super visa) and they got it

good luck !!!!

ssharmin

Aug 21, 2013
twiggy said:
Wait for the GCMS notes to see specifics and my recommendation is to apply for super Visa. (assuming you meet the LICO)

you don't need a lawyer in my opinion,and i believe you are right in saying the main reason might was due to lack of ties at home(which is not a big deal)

write a new invitation using the appropriate template, try and certify it (it helps), write a letter support (addressing the concerns in the GCMS notes )
write a letter for financial declaration and certify it if you can, include pay stubs, previous NOA, bank statement, your property docs if you have one and am sure you will be fine.

my wife parents applied the first time for visitors and got denied, applied again for visitor (but was processed as super visa) and they got it

good luck !!!!
Ok Thanks so much twiggy.

I will sit put till the GCMS notes come in and then provide a more transparent and through letter of invitation along with a second letter addressing the concerns noted in GCMS. I definitely meet the LICO requirement so hopefully that should not be an issue.

navalpandit

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
hello guys, need an expert advice, may parents received their super visa two years ago, but my mother;s passsport was about to expire that time, so the officer just gave her two years super visa. now she has gone back to india and she has a new passport. how can she enter in canada? will i have to do all the paper work again? or just the something else?

M

mikeymyke

ssharmin said:
B.You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your / your host's income and assets. (Between my sister and I we are pulling in a salary of $105,000 annually)
yeah but did you show proof of that salary? notice of assessment/T4's. also you made no mention of assets. did you show how much $ you have in your bank? house title?

ssharmin

Aug 21, 2013
mikeymyke said:
yeah but did you show proof of that salary? notice of assessment/T4's. also you made no mention of assets. did you show how much $ you have in your bank? house title?
Yes. Please read my entire post before commenting.

A combined invitation letter from me (permanent resident) and my sister (graduate student) was submitted with the following documents from each of us:

1. Notice of Assessment
2. Employment Letter
3. Banking statement noting our worth in investment and savings accoun
t