+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mother's visitor visa denied, reapplied and successful

will2009

Dec 27, 2017
Hi guys,

As the title said, in Dec 2018 I applied for a visitor for my mother to come visit me and her visa application was denied. Fast forward to April 2019, I re-applied for her and specifically response to each and every point of refusal and also strengthen the application. Today her application was approved. The processing time is 8 calendar days.

I am both happy and anxious now though. I am not sure if she will be granted 10 year visa (her passport is valid until 2028, plenty of time).

My question is that anyone of you with a denied application and reapplied and subsequently approved for 10 years? If not 10 years, how much time did visa officers gave you?

I am also happy to help out if I could. I am no expert nor a lawyer though.

Thanks guys!

Reactions: Sees

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys,

As the title said, in Dec 2018 I applied for a visitor for my mother to come visit me and her visa application was denied. Fast forward to April 2019, I re-applied for her and specifically response to each and every point of refusal and also strengthen the application. Today her application was approved. The processing time is 8 calendar days.

I am both happy and anxious now though. I am not sure if she will be granted 10 year visa (her passport is valid until 2028, plenty of time).

My question is that anyone of you with a denied application and reapplied and subsequently approved for 10 years? If not 10 years, how much time did visa officers gave you?

Thanks guys!
Yes there is a chance she got 10 year multi-entry visa. It is up to the visa officer so she could have gotten single entry up to multiple entry of various durations. You’ll have to wait and see when she is given more details of her acceptance.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi guys,

Thanks guys!
Maximum TRV validity is not 10 years, but up to one day before or even up to the passport expiry date

Reactions: canuck78

will2009

Dec 27, 2017
UPDATED: I checked my mother's application today and there's an update saying that her counterfoil is valid til one day before the date of passport's expiration. That means her visa is gonna be like 10 years (her passport is recently made).

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
UPDATED: I checked my mother's application today and there's an update saying that her counterfoil is valid til one day before the date of passport's expiration. That means her visa is gonna be like 10 years (her passport is recently made).
It's still not the same as a 10 year visa

pras_tcs

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
Hi guys,

Thanks guys!
Hi Congrats for getting the Visa Approval. Can you please let me know how you addressed and strengthened your Mothers Application.
It will be great if you can provide some pointers. I am in a similar situation now for my Mother in Law. Thank you

Sees

Apr 21, 2019
Hi guys,

Thanks guys!
This is really nice to know. Congrats x please could your elaborate on how you strengthened her application? I have had a previous UK refusal n this all seems to be a nerve wrecking. Please give us some tips so it could help any of us too.