+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mother's Visitor Visa Application Refused ( Ircc Portal )

Calgary21

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Calgary
Hello everyone,
My mother's Visitor Visa Application Refused
Here's the reasons for Refusal.

I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• Personal assets and financial status.
• Family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

Please help if anyone has any experience about it.
Regards

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,
My mother's Visitor Visa Application Refused
Here's the reasons for Refusal.

I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• Personal assets and financial status.
• Family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

Please help if anyone has any experience about it.
Regards
The visa post did not believe your mom (the applicant) will leave the country by the end of intended stay due to the reasons. How much funds and what family information did she show? Did she provide a quarantine plan?

Calgary21

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Calgary
The visa post did not believe your mom (the applicant) will leave the country by the end of intended stay due to the reasons. How much funds and what family information did she show? Did she provide a quarantine plan?
She's a Retired Govt employee getting Pension every month.

I sponsored her & showed my Bank statement with $18000 saving.

She visited UK several times to visit my elder brother and his family, has a 5 years valid UK Visa.

They didn't ask those documents in New portal which are the reason for Refusal.

Last edited:

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She's a Retired Govt employee getting Pension every month.

I sponsored her & showed my Bank statement with $18000 saving.

She visited UK several times to visit my elder brother and his family, has a 5 years valid UK Visa.

They didn't ask those documents in New portal which are the reason for Refusal.
She need to provide her bank statement. Remember she's the applicant, not you!

What document were asked in the new portal?

Calgary21

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Calgary
She need to provide her bank statement. Remember she's the applicant, not you!

What document were asked in the new portal?
Provided her Bank statement and her Retirement documents in Additional documents section.

1- Her Passport with all Visas and Travel stamps
2- Her ID
3- My PR Card & Birth Certificate to prove relationship
4- My Invitation letter and Bank statement

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Provided her Bank statement and her Retirement documents in Additional documents section.

1- Her Passport with all Visas and Travel stamps
2- Her ID
3- My PR Card & Birth Certificate to prove relationship
4- My Invitation letter and Bank statement
Also, although maybe optional, she might need to provide itinerary - documents that show how long she plan to stay and what she’ll do in Canada. The quarantine plan which could include the first days hotel reservations after arrival fit in this category.

Calgary21

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Calgary
Also, although maybe optional, she might need to provide itinerary - documents that show how long she plan to stay and what she’ll do in Canada. The quarantine plan which could include the first days hotel reservations after arrival fit in this category.
I included all that information in my Invitation letter
Many people here shared their application details , almost everyone got Passport requests with even less documents and no travel histories of their parents which is great, happy for them, this is so frustrating that they're not treating people fairly

Calgary21

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Calgary
How long was her intended visit and how much in funds did she show in her bank statements, not you?
30 Days
There was a question in Form that who's paying for this trip, the answer was My Son ( Me ) , which make sense as I am sponsoring her visit , My Bank ending balance was $18000 , she has around $5000 in her AC

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I included all that information in my Invitation letter
Many people here shared their application details , almost everyone got Passport requests with even less documents and no travel histories of their parents which is great, happy for them, this is so frustrating that they're not treating people fairly
Repeat that information under itinerary. Btw, where is she flying from?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
30 Days
There was a question in Form that who's paying for this trip, the answer was My Son ( Me ) , which make sense as I am sponsoring her visit , My Bank ending balance was $18000 , she has around $5000 in her AC
Her funds are low for a 30 day trip if that doesn’t include the airfare.

Calgary21

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Calgary
Her funds are low for a 30 day trip if that doesn’t include the airfare.
I read here someone sponsor his mother with $8000 in his bank & no bank statement of his mother and also no travel history but still she got the visa , I don't understand what is the actual criteria, and also they asked only bank statement of person inviting his parents in new Portal

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I read here someone sponsor his mother with $8000 in his bank & no bank statement of his mother and also no travel history but still she got the visa , I don't understand what is the actual criteria, and also they asked only bank statement of person inviting his parents in new Portal
Can’t compare to others. Reasons for refusal was insufficient funds so to reapply the issue must be addressed.

Calgary21

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Calgary
Can’t compare to others. Reasons for refusal was insufficient funds so to reapply the issue must be addressed.
So do I need to send that money to her bank account which I have in my account for her visit ,, and also how can She prove her family ties which is the second reason of Refusal , She already put details of her other children in the application form