+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mother's Super Visa Medical - Observations made by the doctor

rafayaleem

Nov 5, 2019
I applied for my mother's (79 year old) super-visa in January 2021 and got the medical request earlier this month. Medical is now complete , however three observations were pointed out by the attending doctor (he confirmed that he will write the below 3 observations in the final report)
  1. She uses hearing aid
  2. She had fall 10 years ago which resulted in hip joint issue and therefore she has difficulty in walking (she uses stick to walk)
  3. She had her angioplasty done 2 months ago with 2 stents
Question : How much of these 3 issues carry weight and may result in the rejection of the visa application ? . Anyone faced a similar situation , please share your experience

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I applied for my mother's (79 year old) super-visa in January 2021 and got the medical request earlier this month. Medical is now complete , however three observations were pointed out by the attending doctor (he confirmed that he will write the below 3 observations in the final report)
  1. She uses hearing aid
  2. She had fall 10 years ago which resulted in hip joint issue and therefore she has difficulty in walking (she uses stick to walk)
  3. She had her angioplasty done 2 months ago with 2 stents
Question : How much of these 3 issues carry weight and may result in the rejection of the visa application ? . Anyone faced a similar situation , please share your experience
Was she in her home country when she got the stents? The fact that was only 2 months ago could create some concerns.

rafayaleem

Nov 5, 2019
Yes , she was and is in her home country . She has never visited Canada before and her super visa is still under process.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes , she was and is in her home country . She has never visited Canada before and her super visa is still under process.
There may be concerns because of how recent her procedure was. Even supervisa insurance would be unlikely to cover complications related to the stents or cardiac issues after only 2 months. If denied you may just need to wait until 6 months for her health to be considered stable. All you can do is wait and see. Would also read the fine print on her supervisa health insurance to make sure she only comes to Canada when she has cardiac care coverage.

Reactions: YVR123