+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mother with two minor kids Application Problem !!

Jul 31, 2023
Hi guys! I have applied for a visitor visa and I have received my passport request letter. The problem is that I applied for me and two minor children. I have only received the passport request letter for ME and NOT for my kids. I did not fill out form IMM5257 for them separately while applying. Can it be because of that?? Can anyone guide me through this? I'm panicking now. I also only applied $100 for the application submission. Does it mean that my daughters haven't been recognized as applicants in the eyes of the embassy? I have mentioned in all my other documents including my SOP that I want to travel with my two daughters. Can I fill out the WEB FORM to add this new information before I send my passport to the embassy? Is there anything I can do now?

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi guys! I have applied for a visitor visa and I have received my passport request letter. The problem is that I applied for me and two minor children. I have only received the passport request letter for ME and NOT for my kids. I did not fill out form IMM525 for them separately while applying. Can it be because of that?? Can anyone guide me through this? I'm panicking now. I also only applied $100 for the application submission. Does it mean that my daughters haven't been recognized as applicants in the eyes of the embassy? I have mentioned in all my other documents including my SOP that I want to travel with my two daughters. Can I fill out the WEB FORM to add this new information before I send my passport to the embassy? Is there anything I can do now?
If you didn’t fill out the application forms and pay the visa fees for your kids then you didn’t apply for their TRVs. No point in filling out a webform because you didn’t apply for them. Your TRV may have been approved because you didn’t apply for your children and they are your ties to return. So submit their applications and pay the fees.

Reactions: musicandnothing
Jul 31, 2023
If you didn’t fill out the application forms and pay the visa fees for your kids then you didn’t apply for their TRVs. No point in filling out a webform because you didn’t apply for them. Your TRV may have been approved because you didn’t apply for your children and they are your ties to return. So submit their applications and pay the fees.
Do you mean that I have to sign up for the kids separately? Or, should I somehow add their IMM5257 forms to the current application? The thing is that I have 17 days left of my 30-day notice of sending my passport to the embassy right now and I cannot leave without my girls.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Do you mean that I have to sign up for the kids separately? Or, should I somehow add their IMM5257 forms to the current application? The thing is that I have 17 days left of my 30-day notice of sending my passport to the embassy right now and I cannot leave without my girls.
You never applied for them so you need to submit their forms through your account. How old are they? What are their ties to return? You have an approved visa so you must send your passport for stamping. Your visa is approved. Even if they are refused, you need to get your visa.

Jul 31, 2023
Thank you for your swift responses. I have mentioned in my SOP and in my invitation letter from my uncle that I'm traveling with them. They are twins and 7 years old and the ties are my work commitment and the fact that my husband is not accompanying us on this trip and that their school will start in less than two months. If I don't send my passport, can I apply all over again or there will be issues? I am also wondering about the possibility of filling out the web form and explain that I want to add new information (a change) to my application by adding two IMM5257 forms for my daughters to the same application and explain that I cannot really travel without them as they're so dependent on me. Please tell me if it's a possibility.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your swift responses. I have mentioned in my SOP and in my invitation letter from my uncle that I'm traveling with them. They are twins and 7 years old and the ties are my work commitment and the fact that my husband is not accompanying us on this trip and that their school will start in less than two months. If I don't send my passport, can I apply all over again or there will be issues? I am also wondering about the possibility of filling out the web form and explain that I want to add new information (a change) to my application by adding two IMM5257 forms for my daughters to the same application and explain that I cannot really travel without them as they're so dependent on me. Please tell me if it's a possibility.
If you only paid $100 in fees, then the application was only for yourself and not for your children. It is not going to be possible to fix this through a webform since the application didn't include them. You have to submit an actual application for your children. I would recommend you submit your passport to get the TRV stamped since you have been approved and then submit separate applications for your children.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Saying you want them to travel with you is fine but doesn’t mean approval. They need to show their ties so that is school registration/receipt. They are not solely dependant on you if your husband is not accompanying you. Your husband can care for them. Given you are travelling in less than two months, you may not get a response in time. You need to send your passport for stamping. Not doing so will give you a higher chance of refusal if you have to reapply. You have a TRV so get it stamped.

Jul 31, 2023
Thank you for your response. So, say I get my passport stamped, how can I have my kids join me soon? Should I apply for the two kids separately and wait for their approval? Also, in case I get my stamp, how long will the visa be? and Will it be a single entry or a multiple entry visa? Because if it's multiple, asa they get their approval, I can come back and take them with me. Moreover, once I get my visa, do I have to travel immediately to Canada or can I wait for my kids applications' approval?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your response. So, say I get my passport stamped, how can I have my kids join me soon? Should I apply for the two kids separately and wait for their approval? Also, in case I get my stamp, how long will the visa be? and Will it be a single entry or a multiple entry visa? Because if it's multiple, asa they get their approval, I can come back and take them with me. Moreover, once I get my visa, do I have to travel immediately to Canada or can I wait for my kids applications' approval?
Yes, they need to apply. Their application will be processed according to guidelines. When you enter, CBSA will determine how long you will stay. Once you get your passport stamped then it will tell you whether single or multi entry. You can travel anytime before expiry.

Jul 31, 2023
Yes, they need to apply. Their application will be processed according to guidelines. When you enter, CBSA will determine how long you will stay. Once you get your passport stamped then it will tell you whether single or multi entry. You can travel anytime before expiry.
So you suggest that I get my visa and wait for their application to also get processed before we can go together?
Also, do I need to sign up for each 7-year-old kid for a separate GCKEY username and password or should I put the two of them in one application?
One more thing. Should I/Can I possibly link their application to mine? Do you recommend it?
'
P.s. someone told me that there is a part in the application process where it asks for the number of candidates who want to apply and based on that the total fee is calculated. I never saw this part throughout the process of filling the application out. Can you please tell me which part of the application that is and how I can set the number for my future reference?