+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mother visitor visa

Sylviea

May 29, 2017
Hi all,

I want to apply for visitor visa for my mom. she is a widow and housewife. I wanted to see if someone can help me understand how I can apply online from here or does she need to apply from India. I also need to know what kind of documents would I need from her for the application.

When I create the sign in CIC login, do I create it under my name or her name?

About the biometrics, does she need to do it in India ?

Do I submit the medical report with the file or after we get a request for it?

I highly appreciate the help. Thanks in advance

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Hi all,

I want to apply for visitor visa for my mom. she is a widow and housewife. I wanted to see if someone can help me understand how I can apply online from here or does she need to apply from India. I also need to know what kind of documents would I need from her for the application.

When I create the sign in CIC login, do I create it under my name or her name?

About the biometrics, does she need to do it in India ?

Do I submit the medical report with the file or after we get a request for it?

I highly appreciate the help. Thanks in advance
1. You can do it on her behalf. Create an online account on CIC (using GC Key) in her name, you can use your email ID, if she does not have one and also you can monitor that.
2. Visitor visa does NOT require medical, only biometrics that will be done at her local VFS, you can take appointment for her (Read here : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/results-by-topic.asp?top=19)
3. Home ties - a house in her name?
4. Financial support from her - bank statements, saving etc
5. Invitation letter from you - Include your savings, pay stubs, T4 also. And house/Lease to support her stay
6. Proof of relationship
7. Purpose of travel

kanha

Jul 4, 2021
I know it's an old thread but I'm also in the same situation. Can you please share your experience? Were you able to apply for their visa and did it approve? Thank you!