+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mother TRV Rejected...

delhiboyin

Jul 23, 2014
Hi Experts,

I have applied for my mother TRV in august from Delhi,India VFS and it got rejected. The reason given was :-

Given economic conditions, employment prospects, considering your travel history, economic establishment and family ties, I am not satisfied that you would respect the terms of your admission as a temporary resident in canada.

Its a 3 page refusal letter with the other reasons marked as cross mark and acts and regulations mentioned on it..

I have applied thru agent and not sure which documents he has attached as he has taken all the docs from me at 1st stage and applied himself after 3 days.

She is a widow and retired govt .officer (2 yrs back).I have got pr card for myself , wife and daughter(4yrs) 2 yrs back and done soft landing last year. I have a elder sister only who is already settled in delhi.

We have attached following documents:-

1) Her pension (400 cad p.m.) and retirement documents of funds she received at the time of retirement.
2) bank statement 2Acc. in totaling (more than 20,000 cad ) There was a recent transaction before applying one month thats in july.
3) 2 Property documents for ties to india.
3) my pr card (as I have done soft landing and still in india and no income in canada) (looks to me a mistake done by agent and i relied on him)
4) stay of 1 month mentioned in the one hotel only (looks to me a mistake done by agent)
5) her previous travel outside india is to maurtius and dubai (for 4-7 days) not sure whether agent attached this or not

Acc. to this my assumption is it is rejected due to purpose of visit was not clear. As my pr card was attached with it in the form and he has shown stay at hotel for one month ( Need experts advice on this)

Out of above concerns the financial status and ties to home country(pension and asset) should be out of question.

So, what should be attached or done for reapplying.We want to do it on asap basis(will it be a good idea?) what documents or reasons we should provide in next application?

a) my mom doesn't have a job here so as per employment prospect its true?
b) what should be done for travel history?
c) Economic establishment and Family ties( should we apply purely as tourist visa for the next time or with my pr card mentioning the reason as reason for supporting my 4 yrs daughter for my initial days as my wife and I look for work upon landing?)

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment as well but not a good idea to use the reason to look after your daughter given strange as it might sound if that is the reason for being in Canada that could be seen as work.

It also sounds and maybe I misread that if you are still in India that the VO is assuming that as you have not settled yet in Canada your mother will be coming with you at the same time you return as opposed to being a visitor once you have established yourself so instead of staying for a few weeks as a visitor she could be intending to stay longer.

As said this is my view so others can comment as well.

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
They are going to assume she is moving with you. I believe this was stated in the other thread you started like this. What you will want to do is land in Canada and apply for a super visa. Her chances of getting a TRV in this situation is very low.

delhiboyin

Jul 23, 2014
Others can comment as well but not a good idea to use the reason to look after your daughter given strange as it might sound if that is the reason for being in Canada that could be seen as work.

It also sounds and maybe I misread that if you are still in India that the VO is assuming that as you have not settled yet in Canada your mother will be coming with you at the same time you return as opposed to being a visitor once you have established yourself so instead of staying for a few weeks as a visitor she could be intending to stay longer.

As said this is my view so others can comment as well.

I think the agent has made a blunder by attaching my pr and showing the visa as family visitor and writing hotel stay in categoty.

Can we reapply as tourist visa or with sponsorship letter from one of my cousins who is very well settled?

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
I think the agent has made a blunder by attaching my pr and showing the visa as family visitor and writing hotel stay in categoty.

Can we reapply as tourist visa or with sponsorship letter from one of my cousins who is very well settled?
You will still need to list yourself as a family member on the family sheet ... they also now have your PR card and will reference this application in the future. When they check the family they will also see your PR card there is no getting around this.

You may not like it but this does not have a very good chance of succeeding. It looks very much like you want to use a TRV to settle with your mom in Canada

delhiboyin

Jul 23, 2014
They are going to assume she is moving with you. I believe this was stated in the other thread you started like this. What you will want to do is land in Canada and apply for a super visa. Her chances of getting a TRV in this situation is very low.
But for super visa min income threshold required ,Even for sponsorship the min. threshold is reqd. So, for next 1-2 years I will not able to call her?

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
But for super visa min income threshold required ,Even for sponsorship the min. threshold is reqd. So, for next 1-2 years I will not able to call her?
She has zero ties to her home country,
She has you in Canada and they will see this
Even from what you say here it seems you want to settle with her in Canada for the long term and if I can see it so can the VO

You are welcome to apply as many times as you want but be careful about misrepresenting the situation otherwise you will get her banned for 5 years.

The TRV is not a immigration visa it is meant for at temporary short stay in Canada.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I had answered your questions yesterday in another thread:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/re-visitor-visa-rejected-other-reasons.484084/page-2

IMO, there is no point in reapplying for your mom until you and your family move back to Canada without her. Otherwise it will seem like your mom is also moving to live long-term with you + she will be working illegally on a TRV (to take care of your daughter).

No, your agent has not made any blunder by submitting your PR card.

Nor has your agent made by a mistake by applying as a family visitor + stay in a hotel. All facts are the true situation of yourself and your mom..... she will be visiting you = She is a family visitor + as you don't have your own accommodation = She will be staying in a hotel

This would look very suspicious especially as you and your family are Canadian PRs.

If you want your mom to live with you long-term, you can apply for a super visa after you start residing in Canada + you meet LICO

delhiboyin

Jul 23, 2014
I had answered your questions yesterday in another thread:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/re-visitor-visa-rejected-other-reasons.484084/page-2

IMO, there is no point in reapplying for your mom until you and your family move back to Canada without her. Otherwise it will seem like your mom is also moving to live long-term with you + she will be working illegally on a TRV (to take care of your daughter).

No, your agent has not made any blunder by submitting your PR card.

Nor has your agent made by a mistake by applying as a family visitor + stay in a hotel. All facts are the true situation of yourself and your mom..... she will be visiting you = She is a family visitor + as you don't have your own accommodation = She will be staying in a hotel

This would look very suspicious especially as you and your family are Canadian PRs.

If you want your mom to live with you long-term, you can apply for a super visa after you start residing in Canada + you meet LICO
Yeah, seen the reply after posting it here as i have not subscribed for the alerts at that time.

Thanx for the repky.