March 04,2018
Passport Req..
March 22,2018
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Hi All,
Need some help about something. My mother in law has been living in Canada for past almost 4+ years & she came with super visa & as covid started so we kept extending her status. Last year she got the opportunity to apply for PERMANENT RESIDENCY which we did but it is taking much longer than expected. Now she wants to leave Canada while the application is in progress & not sure when we will get the update. So my question is can she leave Canada while her application is in progress or it will create any issue? I know her super visa extension will be cancelled & she needs to reapply again but biggest fear is I hope her application for PR does not get voided. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,
Need some help about something. My mother in law has been living in Canada for past almost 4+ years & she came with super visa & as covid started so we kept extending her status. Last year she got the opportunity to apply for PERMANENT RESIDENCY which we did but it is taking much longer than expected. Now she wants to leave Canada while the application is in progress & not sure when we will get the update. So my question is can she leave Canada while her application is in progress or it will create any issue? I know her super visa extension will be cancelled & she needs to reapply again but biggest fear is I hope her application for PR does not get voided. Any suggestion would be appreciated.
If she is applying for PGP there isn’t an issue. After 4+ years visiting Canada there is a good chance more extensions may be denied anyways.