+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mother’s visitor visa

Rosealsidhu

Star Member
Sep 6, 2020
Hi all,

I am on work permit and I am pregnant, i want to apply for my mom’s visitor visa, please let me know what is the checklist to make the file strong. I will appreciate the answer.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
But I heard if its essential she can travel. If not may be I can call her later.
Only if you are a PR or citizen and pregnancy wouldn't be considered essential. She can still apply but can't travel. Ties to have home country and the ability to pay for her travel and have other savings is important for TRV applications.

Rosealsidhu

Star Member
Sep 6, 2020
Only if you are a PR or citizen and pregnancy wouldn't be considered essential. She can still apply but can't travel. Ties to have home country and the ability to pay for her travel and have other savings is important for TRV applications.
Ok, actually I am waiting for PR as well, so should I apply after I am PR.
What’s included in ties to home country?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Ok, actually I am waiting for PR as well, so should I apply after I am PR.
What’s included in ties to home country?
You can apply now. Ties are for example family members at home like husband/dependent children/parents she is caring for, property, work, etc.

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
Not only if u r PR or citizen, even all foreign nationals having essential purpose can travel as per guidelines on ircc website below; though even I am not sure if pregnancy is considered essential or not.
Travellers coming from outside the US who are exempt from the travel restrictions

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not only if u r PR or citizen, even all foreign nationals having essential purpose can travel as per guidelines on ircc website below; though even I am not sure if pregnancy is considered essential or not.
Travellers coming from outside the US who are exempt from the travel restrictions
I apologize I hadn't seen the update. Pregnancy is usually not considered an essential reason but you should certainly try.

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
I apologize I hadn't seen the update. Pregnancy is usually not considered an essential reason but you should certainly try.
Yes, u r right as it also depends sometimes on your situation for instance if u do not have any family to look after u after delivery Or u need medical care after delivery.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, u r right as it also depends sometimes on your situation for instance if u do not have any family to look after u after delivery Or u need medical care after delivery.
Still doesn't mean you will get approval since there are single mothers who do it all but yes if you have no partner pregnancy would maybe be viewed as more of an essential reason. In Canada a partner is usually expected to help their spouse with the home and children.