+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Most recommended PNP for 2020 (even OINP tech draw was too high)

stat2pr

Feb 19, 2019
My EE score is low (due to my age being in 30s) so need to explore all PNP options here, I would prefer OINP but even their tech draw was 466-471, so I'm not sure which PNP I should be looking at.
What PNP this year is offered without job offer and for someone with low EE score?
Does PNP need to go through EE(FSW) or can we get PR via just PNP stream too?
Does Saskatchewan, Alberta, Atlantic need job offers this year?
Please suggest any tips on PNP, thanks in advance!

Nick1233

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
AFAIK, once nominated by a PNP, one gets 600 points added to their EE profile and a pick in the subsequent draw.

It is difficult without job offer. Try getting a transfer from a US branch to Canadian one with a work permit, work a year or so to get some more points.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
My EE score is low (due to my age being in 30s) so need to explore all PNP options here, I would prefer OINP but even their tech draw was 466-471, so I'm not sure which PNP I should be looking at.
What PNP this year is offered without job offer and for someone with low EE score?
Does PNP need to go through EE(FSW) or can we get PR via just PNP stream too?
Does Saskatchewan, Alberta, Atlantic need job offers this year?
Please suggest any tips on PNP, thanks in advance!
SK offers but you should be watching the respective province's website often to know. Its open for very short period and they also invite through EE to apply with them to process for nomination.
As hardly any programs open and that too very short period(or they invite directly through EE), you need to be in the EE pool and update the profile with your willingness to move to these provinces and watch the respective sites on the program opening.

Nick1233

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
You will have to check each province's web site to find eligibility for their programs. Atlantic immigration pilot might work for some as few folks prefer to settle over there. Studying is another option (depending upon how badly you want to settle in Canada long term)

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/atlantic-immigration-pilot.html

Sorry, demand supply dynamics is not on your side. OINP used to invite 400+ back in 2017 even 300+ for a week or so (for a specific skill code). Sadly, this is the price for waiting in US hoping for H1 reforms. Young folks from around the world, new students in Canada are shooting up the invitation score.

Also search youtube, there are some channels who find more info on province specific programs.

justinline

May 19, 2009
That's the sad story.....way too many indians will spend best part of life just waiting.....by the time they realize it will be too late to immigrate any where else. For person without Canadian experience or education, once you cross 30 your CRS scores only goes down.
I am just alarmed at the thousands of students still beelining for US for studies.....wonder what their calculation is.
I am thinking they have something figured out which my generation did not see coming.
Our generation is lost people.....they have nowhere else to go......stick to US and die waiting.

stat2pr

Feb 19, 2019
SK offers but you should be watching the respective province's website often to know. Its open for very short period and they also invite through EE to apply with them to process for nomination.
As hardly any programs open and that too very short period(or they invite directly through EE), you need to be in the EE pool and update the profile with your willingness to move to these provinces and watch the respective sites on the program opening.
Thanks, Im looking at SINP and for job code 2147, I'm not sure why but I see probably need to apply APEGS and take 9 exams?????? Really? I'm not even pure electronics or computer engineering. Did you have to apply to APEGS at all?
Do you currently reside in SK? I wanted to know what its like for jobs and in general. Is it kinda rural compared to Ontario?

Nick1233

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
That's the sad story.....way too many indians will spend best part of life just waiting.....by the time they realize it will be too late to immigrate any where else. For person without Canadian experience or education, once you cross 30 your CRS scores only goes down.
I am just alarmed at the thousands of students still beelining for US for studies.....wonder what their calculation is.
I am thinking they have something figured out which my generation did not see coming.
Our generation is lost people.....they have nowhere else to go......stick to US and die waiting.
Well, there was a certain level of hypocrisy among some folks caught in that situation. Around 2017, they used to look down on a Canadian PR like it was something as easy as going to starbucks and getting one as needed. It was primarily looked down as a short term backup option. How soon have things changed?

These folks got messed up with their expectations as when they reached US, it was almost like a GC was guaranteed. New generation will have their expectations set. Either plan to stay for a decade and return back or marry someone in US and settle down. One can't blame them given the quality of life issues in big cities in India (commute, pollution, cost of living etc). Cycle will continue, just that they will have enough time to plan ahead.

Last edited:

stat2pr

Feb 19, 2019
Well, there was a certain level of hypocrisy among some folks caught in that situation. Around 2017, they used to look down on a Canadian PR like it was something as easy as going to starbucks and getting one as needed. It was primarily looked down as a short term backup option. How soon have things changed?

These folks got messed up with their expectations as when they reached US, it was almost like a GC was guaranteed. New generation will have their expectations set. Either plan to stay for a decade and return back or marry someone in US and settle down. One can't blame them given the quality of life issues in big cities in India (commute, pollution, cost of living etc). Cycle will continue, just that they will have enough time to plan ahead.
Not sure looking down would best describe it, but being jobless in Canada might sound appropriate. Its tough to find a job in Canada in one's field from what I know. Any tips on how to look for jobs there from US? Are you in Canada or have PR and residing in US?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Thanks, Im looking at SINP and for job code 2147, I'm not sure why but I see probably need to apply APEGS and take 9 exams?????? Really? I'm not even pure electronics or computer engineering. Did you have to apply to APEGS at all?
Do you currently reside in SK? I wanted to know what its like for jobs and in general. Is it kinda rural compared to Ontario?
You’re asking if Saskatchewan is kinda “ rural “ compared to Ontario? You seriously need to do research on the two provinces. One is highly urbanized in the Southern area, while the other one is not.
And look on a map

stat2pr

Feb 19, 2019
You’re asking if Saskatchewan is kinda “ rural “ compared to Ontario? You seriously need to do research on the two provinces. One is highly urbanized in the Southern area, while the other one is not.
And look on a map
I meant in terms of finding a job...Ontario is obviously the most urbanized with jobs.

Nick1233

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
Not sure looking down would best describe it, but being jobless in Canada might sound appropriate. Its tough to find a job in Canada in one's field from what I know. Any tips on how to look for jobs there from US? Are you in Canada or have PR and residing in US?
Yes finding a job in Canada being overseas is as difficult as finding a job in US (via H1) these days being overseas. Either your network can help or you will have to find a transfer from US branch to Canadian branch and go through a lengthy process of obtaining a PR.

I tried applying for jobs while being in US and didn't even get a call. I eventually had enough of H1 life and moved on and found jobs and now contracting for a US firm remotely. Your options, ability to negotiate etc opens up once you have some immigration certainty. Good luck.

stat2pr

Feb 19, 2019
Yes finding a job in Canada being overseas is as difficult as finding a job in US (via H1) these days being overseas. Either your network can help or you will have to find a transfer from US branch to Canadian branch and go through a lengthy process of obtaining a PR.

I tried applying for jobs while being in US and didn't even get a call. I eventually had enough of H1 life and moved on and found jobs and now contracting for a US firm remotely. Your options, ability to negotiate etc opens up once you have some immigration certainty. Good luck.
So did you get move to Canada on PR and working for US firm remotely? Did you get PNP , if yes, which one? I'm aware of not getting calls being in US. Which field do you work in that you found jobs?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I meant in terms of finding a job...Ontario is obviously the most urbanized with jobs.
You should assume it won't be possible to secure a job offer. It was extremely difficult before COVID-19 to do this, now next to impossible. Focus on finding a way to qualify without a job offer.

stat2pr

Feb 19, 2019
You should assume it won't be possible to secure a job offer. It was extremely difficult before COVID-19 to do this, now next to impossible. Focus on finding a way to qualify without a job offer.
Yes, I'm not sure what the point of OINP is if it has a similar cutoff like Express entry????

Nick1233

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
So did you get move to Canada on PR and working for US firm remotely? Did you get PNP , if yes, which one? I'm aware of not getting calls being in US. Which field do you work in that you found jobs?
Yes, PR via OINP for software. I think, it was 2173 or something like that.