+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Most recent NOA

Sentasi

Apr 4, 2021
Hi all,

Inland sponsorship, spousal.

Is it acceptable to use the 2019 NOA for my wife (sponsor) to use in our application? This is our most recent one, we are currently still working on doing our taxes, as it's been a complicated tax year for us. We can submit the 2020 NOA once we have it.

Is this acceptable or would it be rejected and sent back? We would include a letter of explanation explaining this.

I've done some searching, some say yes, some say no.

Sentasi

Apr 4, 2021
I would like to send it in asap. It would probably be about 2 weeks before the accountant is done with the numbers and I don't think i have that time.

A 2019 NOA would not be reason for immediate refusal/app sent back? It is technically our most recent one at this point.

JohnCana123

Star Member
May 15, 2019
I would like to send it in asap. It would probably be about 2 weeks before the accountant is done with the numbers and I don't think i have that time.

A 2019 NOA would not be reason for immediate refusal/app sent back? It is technically our most recent one at this point.
Should be fine. Send it with a letter of explanation.

paul22381

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
were on the same page, but you can submit with your NOA2019 with letter of explanation then once you received your NOA2020 you can send it right away, try to search, some forum here i read there is spouse application been returned the reason is they need most recent NOA

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
In covid times it is not at all clear when or how long an application that has an issue would be returned. Some applicants had theirs returned after four, five, six or more months.

Since it has happened - returned for not having most recent NOA - in my view it would very foolish economy of time to risk it when it's only an extra two weeks in the context of a 12 month and sometimes more process.

Use the two weeks while you're waiting to triple, quadruple check your app. Lots of applicants have theirs returned for minor errors like forgetting to sign and date.

Up to you however.

Reactions: Canada2020eh

paul22381

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
In covid times it is not at all clear when or how long an application that has an issue would be returned. Some applicants had theirs returned after four, five, six or more months.

Since it has happened - returned for not having most recent NOA - in my view it would very foolish economy of time to risk it when it's only an extra two weeks in the context of a 12 month and sometimes more process.

Use the two weeks while you're waiting to triple, quadruple check your app. Lots of applicants have theirs returned for minor errors like forgetting to sign and date.

Up to you however.
true, i have 1 more week to get my NOA2020 via CRA website

Reactions: armoured

Sentasi

Apr 4, 2021
I most certainly value your opinion, i'm not sure though if i can wait those ~2 weeks. I need the app in asap to remain legal status. We already had to deal with a couple set backs, as far as i know, the app needs to be in 30 days before my current status expires.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I most certainly value your opinion, i'm not sure though if i can wait those ~2 weeks. I need the app in asap to remain legal status. We already had to deal with a couple set backs, as far as i know, the app needs to be in 30 days before my current status expires.
Since you didn't mention that, clearly my comments didn't take that into account. Up to you.

I believe however that if sent back, you end up out of status.

Sentasi

Apr 4, 2021
I did some more digging, found this in the help center on cic.gc.ca. Maybe it'll help others with the same question.

"We’ll accept your application without your NOA for the 2020 tax year if you don’t have it by the time you apply, but you must submit it as soon as you have it."

singh_b

Mar 19, 2017
I did some more digging, found this in the help center on cic.gc.ca. Maybe it'll help others with the same question.

"We’ll accept your application without your NOA for the 2020 tax year if you don’t have it by the time you apply, but you must submit it as soon as you have it."
That answer is under parents & grandparents spousal income requirement question. What I mean is that they require 2020 Noa as well to prove your income requirement for sponsoring parents. But in spousal, there is no such income requirement. I think 2019 will be fine, if they require 2020 then they will ask you as they have asked for most recent noa.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga

Its best if you send 2020 NOA or Option C